HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Electrical Protection and Control Engineer on behalf of one of our Clients. The Senior Electrical Protection and Control Engineer will plan, direct and deliver P&C projects as stand-alone assignments or as part of multi-disciplinary projects. Projects will be of various size and nature in the generation, transmission or distribution fields throughout Canada.
This position is located in Mississauga, Ontario. It is a permanent, full time position.
- Define the scope and budget for P&C projects;
- Direct and mentor junior engineers and technologists;
- Provide input on technical specifications for power equipment (transformer, breakers, etc.);
- Perform / review the protection & control system and the auxiliary AC and DC system designs;
- Perform / review electrical project feasibility studies;
- Equipment selection and single line protection and metering drawings;
- Planning, scheduling and estimating (Engineering and Construction);
- Engineering coordination with other disciplines;
- Perform regular documented reviews, maintain monthly progress report, and issue updates accordingly; and
- Assist business development team in sales and marketing efforts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – Electrical;
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng) licensed or eligible to practice in the province of Ontario;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with electrical power projects;
- Experience in engineering consulting or work with a major utility;
- Extensive experience in power system studies;
- Knowledge of intelligent protective relays and manufacturers;
- Experience with the IEC 61850 communication standard;
- Experience with SCADA and telecontrol technologies;
- Knowledge of telecom protocol and requirements;
- Experience with transient studies an asset;
- Knowledge of power system studies is an asset;
- Experience with of AutoCAD or Microstation is an asset;
- Exceptional time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks quickly;
- Excellent decision making skills and is open minded to alternative solutions;
- Capable of supervising and mentoring junior staff, including overseeing their deliverables;
- Hold a valid driver’s license;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, bilingual in French and English an asset;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.