HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Concrete Gravity Structure (CGS) Project Controls Coordinator on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with 15 years of heavy industrial or offshore related project controls experience. The ideal applicant would have in-depth and proven knowledge of project planning, cost control, progress tracking and measurement and change management processes and assessment.
This position is located in St. John’s, NL. There will be regular travel to Argentia and possible transfer to site.
The CGS Project Services Coordinator will support the Project Service Manager by actively managing, analyzing and reporting on all aspects related to cost, schedule, project accounting, change management, long range planning and document control activities for CGS Construction in Argentia Newfoundland. This role will support and take day to day direction form the CGS Project Director and will require extensive collaboration with major contractors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all planning and scheduling activities, progress verification, analysis and project reporting in alignment with established project procedures and guidelines;
- High-level understanding of Project Management methodologies and Project Controls;
- Review, analyze and report project metrics as required and advise the Project Director and Project Services Manager of discrepancies;
- Prepare stewardship reports and presentations for Project Stakeholders;
- Provide analysis and guidance to project management on matters relating to project controls;
- Manage and lead the CGS project controls team;
- Coordinate a wide range of activities required to develop and maintain cost, progress, schedule and financial information;
- Ensure the proper maintenance, administration and integration of project schedules and estimates;
- Define and communicate cost and schedule trends and quantify cost and schedule impacts;
- Co-ordination and day-to-day management of the project controls function;
- Completing ad hoc projects and performing necessary off-site tasks as required to ensure overall project success;
- Ensuring the project controls function is delivering effective service to the project team.
- University degree or technical diploma in engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng) or Professional Technologist (P. Tech) if they have their degree;
- 15 years of Major Project experience;
- 15 years of heavy industrial or offshore related project controls experience;
- Proven and demonstrated leadership skillset in a large project organization;
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- In-depth knowledge of project reporting;
- In-depth and proven knowledge of project planning, cost control, progress tracking and measurement and change management processes and assessment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Association with PMI or AACEI considered an asset;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.