Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Construction Coordinator on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a field execution supervision role, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in heavy industry.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. The position starts in May 2023 and continues until December 2025. Local candidates are preferred and, Fly-in-fly-out can be offered for non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinating construction resources to complete the assigned scope;
- Developing and monitoring the contractors’ day-to-day job risk analyses processes;
- Controlling variation orders to ensure that activities remain within scope;
- Overseeing the work and monitoring the performance of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management resources, ensuring compliance contract specification and schedule;
- Implementing a project management team agreed schedule/plan;
- Leading contracting partners, operations, and other stakeholders to ensure productive collaboration exists;
- Anticipating and mitigating risks to completing the task in accordance with required parameters;
- Providing transparent reporting tools to demonstrate progress to plan and support required;
- Providing technical support and direction to project stakeholders, building on and sharing the lessons learned;
- Establishing and maintaining an organized, and well house kept/safe construction site;
- Leading day-to-day activities of the execution team through contractor leaders or supervisors; including risk identification and hazard controls reviews daily; and
- Completion of daily shift reports and construction site photographs
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Engineering degree or Technologist/Technician certification is preferred, or other relevant combination of education and experience will be considered;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in field execution supervision role, leading people, and safe work; and
- A minimum of 5 years in heavy industry.
The following additional skills will be considered as key assets to the role:
- Experience in operational areas or roles;
- Expertise in iron ore mining and/or processing and/or port and/or railway infrastructures;
- Expertise in MS Suite;
- Expertise in Primavera P6;
- Expertise in SAP; and
- Expertise in Lean Construction.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure; and
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.