Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Operations and Leasing Coordinator on behalf of one of our clients. The Operations & Leasing Coordinator for the Atlantic Canada portfolio assists the Director in all functions related to all the centers located in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick. This role will coordinate with all Regional Supervisors, Mall Supervisors, tenants, vendors and contractors, and other departments at head office (mainly Accounting and Leasing) in order to fulfill their duties. This role also assists with the effective management of all properties in Atlantic Canada.
This position is in Gander, NL. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Issue all purchase orders (POs) for all maintenance, repairs, and/or replacements required at the properties.
- POs are created in Yardi (accounting software) with the appropriate GL code. Subsequently, they are responsible for compiling all supporting documents for every PO - such as clearance letters, certificates of insurance, quotes, related drawings, warranty documents, and photos of the work completed.
- Review the tenant’s legal documentation before completing any tenant work to ensure the Landlord is responsible for such repairs and/or replacements.
- Seeking approval from all partners prior to issuing POs that are $10,000.00 or more. They are responsible for creating Excel spreadsheets comparing two or three quotes, drafting all requests for approval emails, and answering questions related to the work.
- Record all POs on the Operations Dashboard - which is presented to Senior Management once a month. Inform the Accounting department regarding upcoming payment of major work to ensure all vendors and contractors are paid in a timely fashion.
- Creating the annual capital expenditure (CapEx) budget for all properties while collaborating with the Director and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Gathering all supporting documents (drawings, condition reports, and quotes) for the CapEx budget prior to seeking approval from Senior Management and all partners.
- Periodically updating partners and Senior Management on the actual expenditures incurred vs. the foreseen budget and prioritizing accordingly.
- Processing invoices, petty cash reconciliations, and expense reports for payment.
- Ensuring all invoices are billed correctly and attaching all the relevant supporting documentation, such as work orders, purchase orders, packing slips, and any other description of the work and/or purchase.
- Seeking approval from the Director for all invoices prior to entering them in Yardi.
- Enter all invoices accurately in Yardi as separate batches and submit them to the Accounts Payable Administrator in conjunction with monthly accounting cut-offs.
- Provide status of payment updates whenever asked by a vendor.
- Process for reimbursement of all mileage expense reports and any other expense submitted for the Regional Supervisors and safety boot reimbursement for all mall staff as per the Uniform Standards.
- Creating and upkeeping Project Worksheets for CapEx projects that involve various contractors, extensive timelines, and higher capital investments.
- Continuously provide updates to Senior Management regarding all major projects.
- Maintaining Contractor Lists including renewals and new contractors. and periodically ensuring all work is completed as scheduled.
- The types of contracts include HVAC and boiler maintenance, snow removal, waste management, cleaning services, interior and exterior security services, sprinkler system inspections, fire alarm inspections, fire extinguisher inspections, CCTV system monitoring, fire alarm monitoring, pest control, catch basin and storm drain flushing, sewer line flushing, annual thermal imaging of electrical panels, fuel and furnace oil supplies, advertising, and mall music systems.
- Ensure that all reports are reviewed, and deficiencies actioned and saved to the appropriate property files on the server. This included any certifications. Keep track of operating expenses and collaborate with the Accounting Department.
- Complete all documentation related to invitations to tender for contracts and certain CapEx projects.
- Draft and distribute the invitation to tender packages, communicate with contractors, and collaborate with the Director to choose the best bid prior to the deadline.
- Creating analysis grids to present to Director for the bid comparison.
- Seek approval from Senior Management if and whenever needed.
- Prepare all letters of approval for tenant renovation projects and signage installation.
- Review all plans and specs and seek approval from Director prior to issuing approval.
- Save all letters of approval under the tenant’s file and inform the Lease Administrator as needed.
- Coordinate with the Regional Supervisors to ensure the tenants’ work is completed as per the agreed-upon terms.
- Collaborate with the Director and Leasing team whenever there is a prospective tenant. Assist with any tenant fit-up-related work as needed.
- Ensure all changes related to rentals at the properties are recorded.
- Seek approval from the Leasing team prior to distributing keys.
- Ensure a final inspection of the leased premises is complete, record a Vacant Unit Report, save related photos of the leased premises, and ensure the key remittance form is received in a timely fashion. Collaborate with the Regional Supervisors to complete this task.
- Inform all members of head office of all changes related to rentals including business closures and open for business and key remittances.
- Prepare a quarterly newsletter for all work completed and forecast for every property that is held within a limited partnership.
- Review and record all plans and specs, environmental reports, property condition reports, and equipment condition reports.
- Bring to attention all deficiencies or recommendations to senior management.
- Other miscellaneous requests for assistance including but not limited to contacting municipalities, preparation of insurance questionnaire’s, operating policies and procedure memos, special notices of no trespassing, etc.
- Prepare required paperwork for common area specialty leasing and non-profit.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High-level education (college or university graduate).
- Two (2) to four (4) years of job-related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability to effectively respond to emergencies.
- Detail-oriented and precise.
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager is an asset.
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and clearly state the job title for which you are applying.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.