HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Assistant Maintenance Manager on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in a maintenance role in a highly industrial environment.
This position is in Schefferville, QC. This is a permanent, full-time position on a FIFO rotation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Support safe, efficient maintenance activities supporting operational needs.
• Supervise related staff and determine equipment maintenance needs.
• Develop and implement procedures, methods, standards, and controls to foster operational efficiency, monitor compliance, and mitigate risks to achieve team results.
• Ensure all resources understand and follow appropriate methods, procedures, and techniques to successfully complete assigned tasks within committed timeframes and standards.
• Manage all maintenance activities in their charge and ensure compliance with preventative maintenance schedule is achieved.
• Participate in and lead the daily activities to maximize the efficient operation and utilization of manpower, equipment, and space in maintenance operations.
• Implement and manage standard maintenance procedures.
• Review performance against maintenance targets and standards.
• Identify cost containment opportunities through planning efficiencies.
• Manage performance of maintenance personnel including discipline matters.
• Seek to challenge the process and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
• Comply with all safety standards and requirements to ensure a safe and hazard-free workplace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• University degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in maintenance in a highly industrial site with supervisory experience.
• Previous experience working in a mining environment.
• Demonstrated experience to providing exceptional leadership, coaching, and mentoring teams.
• Experience in Iron Ore concentrator maintenance will be an asset.
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required).
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Highly developed planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced level Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) experience.
• Bilingualism will be an asset.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.