HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Assistant Manager – Processing Plant Operations on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mineral Processing, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy or related discipline, have 5-10 years’ experience in mineral and/or metal processing, and previous open pit mine experience.
This position is located in Labrador, NL. This is a permanent position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide leadership to and supervise processing staff to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety standards and any applicable legislation;
• Assist in the creation of a working environment which ensures that employees and contractors gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programs;
• Assist the Manager in the preparation and control of the processing department budget to ensure meeting the cost targets;
• Conduct regular and thorough inspections of all plant areas to ensure compliance with safety and environment standards and regulations;
• Monitor process performances and final product quality and undertake corrective actions, whenever necessary, to adhere to the product specifications;
• Optimize the metallurgical and environmental performance of the process plant through monitoring, test work, procedural changes, process control and innovation;
• Create a high performing culture and Assist in the management the processing team to embrace innovation and continuous improvement;
• Based on the customer specifications, ensure that the mining department is aware of processing requirements and that properly blended ore is delivered to feed the plant;
• Develop, maintain and improve processing systems to ensure that all production and OHS performances are as per the budget;
• Monitor, through appropriately developed reporting systems, plant performance and recommend, plan and implement future plant and equipment optimization strategies;
• Liaise with the quality control lab to ensure proper process control in a timely manner;
• Liaise with the Logistics department to ensure prompt shipping of the end product and blending at the Port, as necessary;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mineral Processing, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy or a related discipline;
• 5-10 years’ experience in mineral and/or metal processing;
• 5-10 years’ experience in a supervisory role;
• Experience in working and managing staff in a FIFO rotation/shift mode, preferably in a remote location and have been exposed to dealing with aboriginal communities;
• Open pit mine experience;
• Demonstrated experience to providing exceptional leadership, coaching and mentoring teams;
• Experience in an iron ore concentrator will be advantage;
• Excellent communication skills – Bilingualism will be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Highly developed planning, analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.