HR Project Partners Inc. is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
We are now seeking resumes for our Client from individuals for the position of Automation Engineer/Technologist. The successful applicant will report to the Superintendent of Instrumentation, Controls and Automation.
This position is located in Labrador. It is a fly-in/fly-out contract position until December 21, 2021, with possibility of extension.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical support to teams, as well as, manage a backlog of troubleshooting requests to ensure equipment is returned to service. Support will encompass the electrical, instrumentation and automation disciplines;
- Provide Engineering Scope of Work documents and pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, along with performing bid evaluations and review/approving designs;
- Provide commissioning support, which may include but not be limited to reviewing and approving commissioning plans, supporting contractors to complete commissioning, providing troubleshooting support and approving pre-acceptance documentation;
- Manage a backlog of technical support requests from the areas of Operations and Maintenance. This requires support and engineering assistance; and
- Provide troubleshooting assistance.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development;
- 10 years’ experience in automation/electrical;
- Experience with PLC and DCS programming is preferred;
- Experience with Rockwell products, particularly PLC-5, ControlLogix, DeviceNet, SMP-3, E3+, E-300, and PowerFlex VFDs is considered a strong asset;
- Experience in automation/electrical design is an asset;
- Experience in project management;
- Strong leadership and influencing skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills, as well as, excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Work experience within multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Job Category||Engineering Technologists|