HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Automotive Service Technician/Mechanic for multiple opportunities with one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in the repair and service of Ford trucks, or equivalent, in the shop and in the field.
This position is in a remote location in Northern Canada. This is a permanent position with a fly-in, fly-out rotation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform safety interactions and complete field level risk assessments before task commencement. Perform and participate in Job Hazard Analysis when required to ensure all risks are identified and controlled.
• Attend and participate in daily safety toolbox talks, periodic safety meetings, routine and statutory safety inspections and planned task observations as required.
• Participate in the development of safe work procedures/ instructions and promote safety, health and environmental awareness and compliance always.
• Comply with all the appropriate client and Equipment manufacturer’s procedures/instructions/manuals diligently while performing all tasks without incident and in an environmentally responsible manner.
• Report hours worked and complete detailed service reports accurately and on time.
• Use SAP software system effectively to properly document work performed, order parts, check inventory and monitor equipment history.
• Monitor all Mobile Maintenance equipment and infrastructure condition to ensure safe use. Advise and act on areas requiring improvement, repair, or correction while ensuring compliance to all applicable standards.
• Perform unplanned and planned maintenance tasks as assigned. Document task completion appropriately, leaving a detailed handover for tasks not completed at shift end.
• Preventative maintenance focus with strong inspection and defect identification skills. Perform pre-PM/intervention inspections of equipment being repaired and perform prerelease inspections on equipment with completed interventions to ensure safe and reliable operating condition. Ensure all safety and fire prevention systems on all equipment are always operating correctly and are operating as designed.
• Communicate with and assist in preparing scopes with the maintenance planners and supervisors advising on task progression, parts requirements, task duration, schedule loading, and provide accurate equipment task information and performance to plan details.
• Ensure plan deviations or deficiencies are communicated to the supervisor. Advise and implement corrective measures to achieve desired plan results in conjunction with the supervisor.
• Identify and communicate opportunities for the continuous improvement of maintenance processes and systems.
• Implement improvement ideas as directed.
• This position works shift work to cover continuous operations. Shifts can be Days/Afternoons or Nights.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• A valid interprovincial Red Seal Certification as an Automotive Service Technician/Mechanic;
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in repair and service of Ford trucks, or equivalent, in the shop and in the field;
• Previous experience working in a remote Arctic operation with camp accommodations working with employees of all competency levels including developing individuals with minimal experience at apprenticeship levels performing maintenance activities;
• Experience mentoring, providing solid direction and demonstrating safety leadership in harsh arctic field environments and in the workshops;
• Extensive electrical and electronic diagnostic equipment experience to troubleshoot and repair equipment efficiently and effectively;
• Experience with Mentoring Apprentices;
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required);
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary);
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.);
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• SAP maintenance systems expertise desirable;
• Language: Speak English, Read English, Write English (Inuktitut would be an asset);
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.