HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Advisor, Cost Estimation on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with 5-10 years’ experience in a project and cost estimation in heavy industry context and possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business related.
This is a permanent position located in Sept-Iles, QC or Labrador City, NL. Relocation is required for non-local candidates. Candidates must be bilingual in English and French, please submit resumes in English.
Essential Job Functions:
The Advisor Cost Estimation will ensure successful cost standardization, optimization planning and tracking of Capital and Operating projects across all the operating divisions of IOC. The role will can be based in Labrador City or Sept-Iles and will require periodic travel between sites.
- This role is a great opportunity to assist in leading the Engineering department toward their goal to become the leading plant project practitioners across the industry;
- The team strives to continuously improve project management skills and functions to efficiently deliver its challenging project portfolio, ranging from 100 to $500M per year;
Reporting to the PMO Manager, you will be:
- Developing or supporting development of project cost estimate.
- Identifying improvement opportunities for streamlining work process;
- Participating in project health check review;
- Supporting development of benchmarking data by collecting and incorporating project data in benchmarking tool;
- Supporting compliance with standardized processes, systems and tools;
- Maintaining the relationship with contracting and other project cost estimating stakeholders;
- Maintaining relationships with the procurement and cost engineering groups to ensure accuracy in current trends;
- Analyzing trends and reporting changes to the estimate;
- Providing technical support to project stakeholders;
- Utilizing the guidance and protocols for cost estimation in the capital projects framework.
- Candidates must be bilingual (French-English);
- Experience in a Project Management role;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- MS Excel advanced skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business related discipline or other combination of education and experience will be considered;
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in project cost estimation in heavy industry context;
- A minimum of 10 to 20 years with industry experience;
- Primavera P6 intermediate experience;
- Prior experience in leading a team of staff professionals.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.