HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Back-End Developer on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have experience in API development, and a bachelor’s degree in IT, software engineering or equivalent.
This position is located in Quebec. Relocation is required for non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that you and everyone under your responsibility (employees, customers, vendors, etc.) understand the importance of Davie’s work culture, particularly with respect to HSE, and provide the necessary support to your team to promote this culture in their daily activities.
- Continuously promote the HSE culture in your team and in the company as a whole by setting an example and providing the necessary instructions, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of the tasks of technicians, technologists and other engineers and all other employees who have a role to play in day-to-day operations.
- Work with the HSE team to resolve HSE issues brought to your attention as quickly as possible and notify the HSE team of any problems as soon as possible.
- Respond appropriately to HSE policy violations and immediately notify the HSE team.
- Ensure that Davie’s environmental rules are respected in all construction and repair projects.
- Ensure the security of the IT department and equipment and collaborate with the HSE team to implement policies that will prevent or reduce loss, theft, vandalism or any other damage.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze user needs, develop new features or improve existing ones.
- Develop, deploy and maintain back-end applications based on pre-established quality requirements and attributes
- Work in an Agile environment focused on teamwork and personal development
- Write high quality code, supported by tests, and participate in implementations.
- Engage in DevOps practice by providing ready-to-deploy software that is delivered continuously
- Participate as required in ongoing efforts to support existing (legacy) systems and transition these systems to next-generation products.
- Creation of complex API related to project management
- Use of web services to create bridges between the company’s existing software
- Ease in a Linux development environment
- Experience with Git and GitLab
- Ability to provide clean and understandable software code
- Expertise in analysis, problem solving and algorithmic process improvement
- Ability to communicate in English and French
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Have a DCS / Bachelor’s degree in IT, Software Engineering or equivalent;
- Have at least 3 years of practical experience in API development;
- Good knowledge of Oracle, SQL, Php, Python, Node.js, C#;
- Have a good knowledge of secure development in REST APIsAPIs;
- Ease in a Linux development environment;
- Experience with Git and GitLab;
- Ability to provide clean and understandable software code;
- Expertise in analysis, problem solving and algorithmic process improvement;
- Ability to communicate in English and French.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written);
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.