HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Benefits Coordinator on behalf of one of our Clients.
In order to carry out his/her duties, the holder of this position is responsible for managing the various benefits programs and informing employees on all the topics related to them.
This position is in Lévis, Quebec. Relocation for duration of project is required for non-locals.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that you understand the importance of Davie’s workplace culture regarding HSE and provide your team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities.
- Continually promote HSE awareness within your team and the corporation by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance all the employees involved in your daily operations.
- Resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately.
- Respond appropriately to any violations of the HSE policy and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately.
- Ensure that Davie’s environmental policies are respected in all construction and reparation projects.
- Ensure the security of department facilities and equipment, and institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism or other damage.
- Daily Tasks
- Inform staff on an individual or group basis of the various benefits program from which they benefit.
- Carry out the various calculations of income, refunds or transfers the retirement, departure or death of an employee.
- Organize and participate in all retirement committees and ensure their technical support.
- Perform monthly invoicing for paying premiums to insurance companies and fund managers.
- Make the necessary modifications to group insurance protection and coverage for each employee.
- Keep all databases up to date that are required by the various plans for actuarial evaluations.
- Monitor short-term and long-term absences due to illness and inform the payroll team of pay cuts when necessary.
- Send all the dues for the different retirement plans to their respective trustees.
- Organize general assemblies in order to inform employees of changes made in accordance with new laws.
- Helps the bargaining team for all questions relating to the development of a pre-retirement program or changes to group insurance plans.
- Ensure administrative follow-up regarding short- or long-term disabilities.
- Participate in optimizing procedures and improving processes.
- Carry out any other related tasks upon request from your superior.
- Coordinate gradual returns to work, involving the worker, the supervisor, the payroll department and the health department.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post secondary education in an appropriate discipline related to the position;
- Work experience in the industrial sector, experience in a marine environment, an asset;
- Work experience in a union environment;
- Working knowledge of the MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Working knowledge of English (oral and written), an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Bilingual is a requirement (French and English).
- Multi-Tasking – the ability to process information quickly and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Teamwork and Co-operation – the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals;
- Flexibility – the ability and willingness to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations, and with diverse individuals or groups;
- Information Seeking – implies going beyond the questions that are routine or required in the job. It may include “digging” or pressing for exact information; resolution of discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or less-focused environmental “scanning” for potential opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be of future use;
- Integrity – refers to actions that are consistent with what one says are important. People with integrity “walk the talk” by communicating intentions, ideas and feelings openly and directly, and welcoming openness and honesty even in difficult situations;
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds;
- Relationship Building – working to build or maintain ethical relationships or networks or contacts with people who are, or may be, potentially helpful in achieving work-related goals and establishing advantages
- Results Orientation – a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. The standard maybe one’s own past performance (striving for improvement); an objective measure (achievement orientation); challenging goals that one has set; or even improving or surpassing what has already been done (continuous improvement);
- Self-Confidence – a belief in one’s own capability to accomplish a task and select an effective approach to a task or problem;
- Organizational Commitment – the ability and willingness to align one’s own behaviors with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization, and to promote organizational goals to meet organizational needs. It also includes acting in accordance with organizational decisions and behaving with integrity;
- Computer / Technical Skills – the ability to utilize and understand the strengths and limitations of the required software packages and tools to successfully complete assigned tasks effectively and efficiently.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.