HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Business Analyst on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst. The ideal applicant would have experience working with the Department of National Defense or Government Subcontractor would be considered an asset.
This position is located in Quebec City.
Essential Job Functions:
Overview: In this role the incumbent is responsible for working with departmental stakeholders to understand processes and software packages currently being used and to define/modify processes and work methods in order to achieve the desired results specific to the Halifax Class Frigate Repair Program. It is expected that this individual will take charge of defining the changes, ensuring all system tests have been done and that all documentation is complete, and then implementing the changes with the teams and troubleshooting any issues that arise. Our ideal candidate has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and translate business data into digestible information that improves corporate processes.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Continually promote HSE awareness within the business by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of all employees involved in your daily operations;
- Resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately.
- Implement a comprehensive management plan for each project and hold regular stakeholder meetings to keep all interested parties updated in project progress;
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures for system use in support of the Halifax Class Docking Work Period Program at the Company;
- Manage the day-to-day interactions with specialist subcontractors / suppliers in the implementation of new software packages to ensure best value for the Client;
- Ensure that all relevant Quality Systems procedures and work instructions are available, understood, implemented and updated as per standard operating procedures, all in compliance with the company’s ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 quality standards;
- Develop and deploy communication strategies for all system implementations including providing training to users;
- Use lessons learned from previous projects to identify weaknesses in existing systems/processes and implement changes to resolve;
- Ensure that documentation associated with all system/process changes team is up to date and accurate at all times;
- In conjunction with the Director, Technology, make recommendations on system upgrades/purchases;
- With the Program/Project manager and any other departments requesting them, identify and create Key Performance Indicators used to monitor and control the project by identifying data points that can be measured and reported;
- Develop comprehensive test cases at the application and multi-application levels;
- Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile analysis reports that are delivered to developers and then follow-up on all results.
- Participate in training activities on the usage of IT systems, office automation tools;
- Participate in development, implementation and improvement of IT tools adapted to company’s needs;
- Participate in development and updating of policies and rules in IT.
- Attend Management Review Meetings as required;
- Supports and participate in all internal/external audits;
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot software enhancements, and application deployments;
- Train users as required;
- Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support;
- During assignment to the Program Team, the incumbent must comply with both Program policies and procedures as well as functional policies and procedures. As such, they will maintain a dual reporting structure between their immediate manager on the Program and functional manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst;
- Experience working with the Department of National Defense or Government Subcontractor would be considered an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (French and English);
- Proven ability to work effectively with customers and/or other bodies / departments;
- Experience working with Kronos, Primavera would be considered as an asset;
- Knowledge in SQL database would be considered as an asset.
- Multi-Tasking: the ability to processes information quickly and manages several tasks simultaneously;
- Teamwork and Co-operation – is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals;
- Flexibility – is the ability and willingness to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations, and with diverse individuals or groups;
- Information Seeking – it implies going beyond the questions that are routine or required in the job. It may include “digging” or pressing for exact information; resolution of discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or less-focused environmental “scanning” for potential opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be of future use;
- Integrity – refers to actions that are consistent with what one says are important. People with integrity “walk the talk” by communicating intentions, ideas and feelings openly and directly, and welcoming openness and honesty even in difficult situations;
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – is the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds;
- Relationship Building – is working to build or maintain ethical relationships or networks or contacts with people who are, or may be, potentially helpful in achieving work-related goals and establishing advantages;
- Results Orientation – is a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. The standard may be one’s own past performance (striving for improvement); an objective measure (achievement orientation); challenging goals that one has set; or even improving or surpassing what has already been done (continuous improvement);
- Self-Confidence – is a belief in one’s own capability to accomplish a task and select an effective approach to a task or problem;
- Organizational Commitment – is the ability and willingness to align one’s own behaviors with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization, and to promote organizational goals to meet organizational needs. It also includes acting in accordance with organizational decisions and behaving with integrity;
- Computer / Technical Skills – is the ability to utilize and understand the strengths and limitations of the required software packages and tools to successfully complete your assigned tasks effectively and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Language: Bilingual in French and English.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.