Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Cost Controller on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have 5+ years’ relevant Cost Control experience in a project environment. This position requires fluency in French and English.
This position is in Montreal, QC. This is a contract for one (1) year with the possibility of an extension. Hybrid work between home and the Montreal office will be offered.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that Budget is properly utilized for Work; Drive the Budget Change (i.e., Change Management) procedure to attain approval/funding for Work not included in the Control Budget.
- Maintain cost stewardship files and registers to manage/track/report Control Budget utilization/transfers by WBS Cost Code (e.g., Allowance accounts).
- Report on variances to the Control Budget. Execute contractor commitments with the prescribed Control Budget.
- Identify ‘Trends’ impacting the Budget through analyzing cost information (reports and KPI’s) and interfacing with the Project Management Team and contractors.
- Develop ‘Forecast at Completion’ based on approved budget changes and Trends.
- Flag early signs of cost risk (e.g., ‘Watchlists’). Log Trends and Watchlists in the appropriate register; support team discussions for edits/additions.
- Develop cost profiles in alignment with the Schedule. Provide periodic Time-Phased Budgets to Finance, report on variances to this Cost Baseline.
- Interface and establish a relationship with contractor cost control team; work with contractor cost controller(s) to establish accurate and efficient project reporting and KPI's.
- Review and analyze contractor cost reports to assess performance and forecast impacts; ensure contract cost reporting requirements are met. Evaluate proposed change orders; analyze/challenge legitimacy and accuracy of proposed cost impacts. Raise Purchase Requisitions and manage PO’s.
- Assess incurred costs for various contract types considering money expended, the value of work done, earned value, rules of credit, progress between milestones, etc. Develop accruals for issuance to Finance.
- Steward Budget and Forecast in Base Currency; Convert to CAD Equivalent at Project FX Rates. Monitor FX impacts to support required Budget Changes (re. FX Allowance).
- Publish monthly Cost Reports based on prescribed templates (re. Approved Changes, Current Budget, Committed / Incurred / Expended costs, Trends, Forecast at Completion, Cost Curve - Profile vs. Baseline, Variance Analysis, KPI’s, etc.).
- Drive the Cost Control function utilizing the defined WWRP Cost Control Procedure, Work Instructions, and systems (i.e. SAP, CMS, MS Excel).
- Support the Change Management Procedure in consultation with the Change Management Coordinator.
- Support estimating exercises in consultation with the Estimating Team (e.g., rebase line estimates; Small Estimate Form (SEF) Procedure).
- Support Program Cost Control. Coordinate with the Cost Control Manager in supporting internal/external requirements/requests from various stakeholders (e.g., senior leadership, partners, Finance, SCM, etc.). Deliverable examples include the Program Cost Report, Annual Budget / Long Range Plan updates, AFE Supplements, SCM Contract Reports, materials for ad-hoc presentations/reviews with senior leadership and partners, etc.
- Attend meetings with the Project Management Team, contractors, senior leadership, and partners to support discussions related to the responsibilities above; Drive presentations as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution (Engineering; Business; P. Tech.)
- 5+ years relevant Cost Control experience in a project environment.
- Previous experience working within industrial and/or mining settings.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Bilingual in French and English is mandatory.
- Analytical, critical, and logical.
- Ability to multitask.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.