HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Director of Engineering on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with experience in the fields of Shipbuilding or Heavy Manufacturing, with experience in a Lead Engineer role. The ideal applicant would have experience in planning and managing large projects.
This position is a permanent, full-time role and is located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
- A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs);
- Life Insurance;
- Short Term Disability;
- Long Term Disability;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment;
- Employee Family Assistance Program; and
- Pension Plan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assume the implementation of the strategies and means used in the business plan and which ones relate to your department.
- Ensure that each team member make decisions in the with respect to quality of work to ensure a quality service, budgets and the timeline established.
- Promote and adopt a management style focused on communication, involvement, recognition and respect.
- Monitor the performance of your department and for this purpose, obtain appropriate weekly follow-up on current issues.
- Ensure the development of everyone, their management, their need for training or coaching.
- Design, develop and oversee building strategies.
- Develop, implement and improves processes and act as technical authority.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate all strategic business planning and production engineering, including related administrative activities, all linked to a master calendar.
- Ensure that all the digital data to the cutting plasma stations, fabrication and construction drawings, work orders and instructions necessary for the proper progress are provided to the production.
- Responsible for determining the methods and procedures applicable to production work to be done while considering the availability of equipment, physical facilities and technical expertise available.
- Ensure that the drawings and project changes are consistent with the production plan so that planning and technical information issued are of the highest quality and precision.
- Work closely with the procurement and production departments and project managers to ensure that the standards and guidelines set by his team are well understood and applied appropriately.
- Consider and seek to improve processes and construction methods.
- Implement operating mechanism and communication between his different teams, all aimed at increasing productivity and quality in order to meet the needs of the customer and his suppliers, as well as the objectives of the company.
- Lead the Engineers and Draftsmen in such a manner that they are motivated, satisfied, loyal and effective team members who are committed to the achieving the standards and the goals of the production team and of the corporation as a whole.
- In conjunction with the Vice-President of Operations, complete all probationary and subsequent performance reviews for Engineers and Draftsmen.
- Ensure that all Engineers and Draftsmen receive the required training for their role.
- React appropriately to actions that require disciplinary action by working in conjunction with Production Management, Human Resources and HSE as required.
- With each foreman or superintendent and ships manager, set goal for each sector in order to achieve corporate objectives. Furthermore, with each member of your team, you must establish, and in collaboration with the HR department, a system of accountability that meets the objectives, a recognition system for the performance obtained.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that the Engineers and Draftsmen understand the importance of workplace culture most particularly as it relates to HSE and providing your team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities.
- Ensure the security of facilities and equipment and to work with the HSE Team to institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism or other damage.
- Ensure that environmental policies are respected in all construction and reparation projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University training in Shipbuilding (Architecture, Engineering) and/or Technical Degree with several years of experience with ongoing professional development.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a lead engineer role.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of shipbuilding or heavy manufacturing.
- Experience in planning and managing large projects.
- Fluently bilingual in French/English, spoken and written.
- Good knowledge various current software.
- Knowledge management processes in shipbuilding.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification considered an asset.
- Language: French is required / English is considered an asset.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.