HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Director of Planning and Scheduling on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with experience in the fields of Shipbuilding and experience in planning and managing large projects.
This position is a permanent, full-time role and is located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
- A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs);
- Life Insurance;
- Short Term Disability;
- Long Term Disability;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment;
- Employee Family Assistance Program; and
- Pension Plan.
Essential Job Functions:
In this role, the incumbent ensures the performance of an integrated engineering system, planning and production methods and achieve the objectives of the company in respect of schedules, budgets, and quality.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Have a long-term view and consider future contracts;
- Assume the implementation of the strategies and means used in the business plan and which ones relate to your department;
- Ensure that each team member makes decision with respect to quality of work to ensure a quality service, budgets and the timeline established;
- Monitor the performance of your department and for this purpose, obtain appropriate weekly follow-up on current issues;
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate all strategic business planning, including related administrative activities, all linked to a master calendar;
- Determine the current delivery dates;
- Manage the staff, procedures and processes;
- Promote and adopt a management style focused on communication, involvement, recognition and respect;
- Make sure they work orders are sufficient to meet the needs of production;
- Monitor Engineering, Supply chain and Project Management to ensure their deliverables will meet the schedule;
- Maintain performance evaluations to make sure everyone is comfortable in what they do;
- Manage subcontractors; and
- Provide reports to senior management and make adjustments.
- Lead the Marine planning and scheduling specialists in such a manner as to make them motivated, satisfied, loyal and effective team members who are committed to the achieving the standards and the goals of the production team and of the corporation as a whole;
- In conjunction with the Vice-President of Operations, complete all probationary and subsequent performance reviews for marine planning and scheduling specialists;
- Ensure that all marine planning and scheduling specialists receive the required training for their role.
- React appropriately to actions that require disciplinary action by working in conjunction with Production Management, Human Resources and HSE as required; and
- With each foreman or superintendent and ship manager, set goals for each sector in order to achieve corporate objectives. Furthermore, with each member of your team, and in collaboration with the HR department, establish a system of accountability that meets the objectives and a recognition system for the performance obtained.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that the marine planning and scheduling specialists understand the importance of workplace culture most particularly as it relates to HSE and provide your team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities;
- Ensure the security of facilities and equipment and work with the HSE Team to institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism or other damage; and
- Ensure that environmental policies are respected in all construction and repair projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University training in Engineering with ongoing professional development;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in shipbuilding;
- Solid understanding of scheduling software (Primavera, MS Project, Primavera ERM);
- Experience in planning and managing large projects;
- Good communication skills; and
- Think outside the box and keep up to date.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification considered an asset; and
- Language: French is required / English is considered an asset.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.