HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Document Control Lead on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with 3-6 years in a similar position. The ideal applicant would hold at least of one of the following: Records and Information Management Diploma or Certificate, Library and Information Technology Diploma or Certificate, or University degree in Records and Information Management/Technology;
This position is located in Quebec City.
Essential Job Functions:
Overview: In this role, the incumbent is responsible to follow established policies and procedures for all technical documents issued under the project. They will use computerized records systems to allow optimal control of the use of technical documents. Particularly the incumbent will be responsible for managing any controlled goods documents and documents covered by the industrial program and for maintaining all records associated with such.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Work with the HSE Team to resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately;
- Respond appropriately to any violations of the HSE policy and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately;
- Ensure the security of facilities and equipment and to work with the HSE Team to institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism or other damage;
- Ensure that CDCI’s environmental policies are respected in all construction and reparation projects.
- Supervise the production, control, distribution/recovery of controlled documents;
- Supports the document control manager in the develop/and application of records management processes;
- Provides training & assistance to records management system users for the project;
- Reviews completeness of documentation and accuracy of document transmittals; FTP (file transfer protocol) – transferring/receiving of projects documentation;
- Communicates to the departmental Manager up-to-date information on the status of the department activities;
- Communicates with departments (e.g. Production, Planning, Engineering, Quality and Clients) when a questionable or functional problem arises regarding document control and assists in the resolution of same;
- Ensures quality of document reproduction, scanning, and distribution in accordance to the Client’s requirement;
- Ensures proper document classification, sorting, filing and proper archiving;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Leads the employees under his/her responsibility in such a manner that they are motivated, satisfied, loyal and effective team members who are committed to the achieving the standards and the goals of the production team and of the corporation as a whole;
- In conjunction with the Manager, Document Control, completes all probationary and subsequent performance reviews for employees;
- Ensures that all employees receive the required training for their role;
- Reacts appropriately to actions that require disciplinary action by working in conjunction with Human Resources and HSE as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must hold at least one of the following:
- Records and Information Management Diploma or Certificate;
- Library and Information Technology Diploma or Certificate;
- University degree in Records and Information Management/Technology;
- 3 to 6 years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 15489 Standards;
- Ability to utilize technical skills and knowledge of business software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, desktop database and presentation programs;
- Ability to work in confident, self-direct manner while prioritizing a large volume of work;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively interface with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Must have good communication abilities and be fluent in written as well oral French and English;
- Knowledge of electronic records managing solutions (RMHP);
- Knowledge of the information management lifecycle;
- Understanding of the complete business cycles and different departments (HR, Finances, Quality Control, Engineering, HSE, Planning, Estimation, etc.);
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
- Multi-Tasking – the ability to processes information quickly and manages several tasks simultaneously;
- Teamwork and Co-operation – is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals;
- Flexibility – is the ability and willingness to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations, and with diverse individuals or groups;
- Information Seeking – it implies going beyond the questions that are routine or required in the job. It may include “digging” or pressing for exact information; resolution of discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or less-focused environmental “scanning” for potential opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be of future use;
- Integrity – refers to actions that are consistent with what one says are important. People with integrity “walk the talk” by communicating intentions, ideas and feelings openly and directly, and welcoming openness and honesty even in difficult situations;
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – is the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds;
- Relationship Building – is working to build or maintain ethical relationships or networks or contacts with people who are, or may be, potentially helpful in achieving work-related goals and establishing advantages;
- Results Orientation – is a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. The standard may be one’s own past performance (striving for improvement); an objective measure (achievement orientation); challenging goals that one has set; or even improving or surpassing what has already been done (continuous improvement);
- Self-Confidence – is a belief in one’s own capability to accomplish a task and select an effective approach to a task or problem;
- Organizational Commitment – is the ability and willingness to align one’s own behaviours with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization, and to promote organizational goals to meet organizational needs. It also includes acting in accordance with organizational decisions and behaving with integrity;
- Computer / Technical Skills – is the ability to utilize and understand the strengths and limitations of the required software packages and tools to successfully complete your assigned tasks effectively and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Language: Bilingual in French and English.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.