HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Expeditor on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have experience in forecasting, analyzing and completing work and have a college diploma with experience in procurement.
This position is located in Quebec. Relocation is required for non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that he and anyone in his responsibility (employees, clients, vendors, etc.) understand the importance of the Client workplace culture in regards to HSE and providing the team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities;
- Continually promote HSE awareness within his team and the corporation as a whole by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of the Technicians, Technologists and others Engineers and all other employees involved in the daily operations;
- Resolve any HSE issues brought to his attention in a timely manner and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately;
- Respond appropriately to any violations of the HSE policy and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately;
- Ensure that Client’s environmental policies are respected in all construction and reparation projects.
- Check the ordered material by using a computer report to verify the required delivery dates;
- Contact suppliers to verify that promised delivery dates will be met and, if they are exceeded, request deliveries as soon as possible;
- Enter information about urgent orders in the appropriate programs in the computer system;
- Verify the availability of material through various documents and notify those in charge in order to coordinate their movements;
- Contact plant services or transportation companies to arrange for the shipment of materials from suppliers and ensure follow-up until the material is received;
- Respond to requests for internal follow-up from the various departments or issuance of equipment. Do the necessary research to respond as quickly as possible and ensure that the equipment is delivered as soon as it is received;
- Search for material misplaced by carriers to obtain delivery details;
- Notify buyers of orders in backlog for an extended period of time, delays or other modified information received from suppliers so that the required amendments may be issued;
- Perform other related duties as required by his supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A college diploma or relevant training in procurement;
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience as an expeditor or equivalent;
- Knowledge of software used in procurement;
- Ability to negotiate;
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Customer service-oriented;
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written)
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.