HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual (French and English) Project Controls Director on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have (15+) years of progressive experience in project controls including a minimum of (10) years supervisory experience, and extensive knowledge of Project Control-Cost Management systems, financial system integration, and the project management techniques related to Project Controls (planning, budget control, etc.).
This position is a permanent, full-time position and is located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
Essential Job Functions:
In this role, the incumbent is responsible for establishment of a new Projects Controls department. As Director, you will work with your peers to leverage our past and prepare us for the future. You will be accountable to ensure that we have put in place the necessary corporate structure and processes to ensure we can execute a repeatable Projects Controls org in each and every project. You will also be accountable to mentor each and every project controls manager supporting them as necessary in their role.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that you, as well as everyone for whom you are responsible (employees, clients, vendors, etc.) understand the importance of Clients work culture, particularly with regards to OHS, and provide the necessary support to your team in order to promote this culture in daily activities.
- Continually promote OHS awareness within your team and within the facility in general by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of technicians, technologists and other engineers as well as all other employees involved in your daily operations.
- Work with the OHS Team to resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the OHS team of issues immediately.
- Appropriately react to OHS policy infractions and immediately notify the OHS team.
- Ensure that Clients rules concerning the environment are respected in all construction and repair projects.
- Ensure the security of estimation department facilities and equipment and institute policies that will minimize loss, theft, vandalism and other damage.
- Contribute to the interpretation of any assigned proposal or project contract as it relates to Project Controls. Develop and ensure execution of the strategy and plan related project control activities that support the proposal or project requirements. In the preparation identify risk areas and recommend mitigation plans as part of the Project Control implementation approach.
- As primary owner of Project Controls within the company ensure a regular review is done to assess the effectiveness of each Project Control Process and any supporting materials that are being used. This will require cooperation with other Departments specifically, Estimation, Planning and Finance.
- As the Lead Ambassador of Project Controls, foster a culture of project control value by ensuring adequate education and training is made available for those impacted.
- Accountable to lead the setup of every new Project Control office project team. This includes proactively identifying the resource needs and ensuring suitable team composition is in place as required.
- Accountable to conduct project audits to ensure project control outcomes are effectively being captured. Identify leading indicators where course correction is required and take action to address them
- Accountable to ensure as part of Project closeout that a review of project control opportunities is noted and remediation action as necessary is executed.
- Lead the Project Control team in such a manner as to make them motivated, satisfied, loyal and effective team members who are committed to the achieving the standards and the goals of the Project Controls team and of the corporation as a whole.
- Complete all probationary and subsequent performance reviews for the Project Controls Department.
- Ensure that all Project Control employees have received sufficient training for their role.
- React appropriately to actions that require disciplinary action by working in conjunction with Human Resources and HSE as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Fifteen plus (15+) years of progressive experience in project controls to include a minimum of (10) years supervisory experience; Shipyard experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- Extensive practical knowledge of Project Control-Cost Management systems, financial system integration, and the project management techniques related to Project Controls (planning, budget control, etc.).
- Is familiar with and fully capable of application of skills and methods in cost control methodologies as contained in AACEi and PMI (PMBok) standard practices. Sound understanding of project delivery phases, activities performed in each phase, and associated deliverables.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Measurement (EVM – ANSI EIA-748B) in engineering, procurement & construction.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management principles and methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of, and a demonstrated understanding of the interrelationship of a good technical project scope definition, quality of the schedule and estimate, construction sequence and execution, procurement and contracting strategies, commissioning and start up.
- Adept at building and implementing controls and reporting systems utilizing key performance indicators, productivity analysis and cost and value reports for decision making purposes.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 and its use and capabilities.
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
- Bilingual (French and English) is a must.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; able to clearly identify and articulate issues to senior management related to Project Controls.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize assignments, for yourself and your team.
- Ability to deal with interruptions and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while producing high-quality work.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.