HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual (French and English) Project Controls Manager on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have fifteen (15+) years progressive project controls experience and a minimum of five (5+) years as a project controls supervision capacity and a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration.
This position is a permanent, full-time position and is located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
Essential Job Functions:
In this role, the incumbent is responsible for the supervision of the reporting processes, both internally and externally, that pertain to estimating, cost control, change management, planning & scheduling, progress control as well as adherence to all project control processes and procedures. This role requires you to motivate and support your overall project controls team whilst maintaining relationships with other shipyard teams and our customer representatives.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that you, as well as everyone for whom you are responsible (employees, clients, vendors, etc.) understand the importance of the Clients work culture, particularly with regards to OHS, and provide the necessary support to your team in order to promote this culture in daily activities.
- Continually promote OHS awareness within your team and within the facility in general by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of technicians, technologists and other engineers as well as all other employees involved in your daily operations.
- Work with the OHS Team to resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the OHS team of issues immediately.
- Appropriately react to OHS policy infractions and immediately notify the OHS team.
- Ensure that company rules concerning the environment are respected in all construction and repair projects.
- Ensure the security of estimation department facilities and equipment and institute policies that will minimize loss, theft, vandalism and other damage.
- Ensure the Project Controls organization is right sized for the volume of work on the project.
- Successfully manage the relationships within the project control Team control area including—estimating, planning/scheduling, cost control, and change management —for the assigned project or program.
- Contribute to the interpretation of a proposal or project contract. Assist in the development and execute the plan for project control activities that support the overall proposal strategy or project requirements. Identify risk areas and recommend mitigation plans.
- Establish and effectively leverage cross-discipline relationships within the Project team to facilitate the implementation of all required project controls processes.
- Create and supervise the development, approval, and issuance of client and internal status reports that proactively support, monitor, and communicate budget, actual status, and forecast costs, labor hours and quantities for your assigned project. Ensure recommendations are provided in conjunction with these reports to provide corrective actions for implementation.
- Define and advise your superiors and project team on specific actions to effectively manage cash flow.
- Ensure schedules are updated with actual progress and forecast remaining durations, project milestones, and completion dates as defined in the Process. Ensure feedback to estimation is conducted as required.
- Ensure the timely assessment of all change management processes, both internal and external, and ensure the required reports, documentation, tracking has been completed as per the defined process.
- Working in collaboration with the Finance Controller ensure the timely preparation of project invoicing, and accuracy of such.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- Fifteen (15+) years of progressive experience to include a minimum of (5) years supervisory experience and at least five (5) years extensive experience in a project controls supervision capacity. Shipyard experience preferred.
- Familiar with and fully capable of application of skills and methods in cost control methodologies as contained in AACEi and PMI (PMBok) standard practices. Sound understanding of project delivery phases, activities performed in each phase, and associated deliverables.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Measurement (EVM – ANSI EIA-748B) in engineering, procurement & construction.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management principles and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of, and a demonstrated understanding of the interrelationship of a good technical project scope definition, quality of the schedule and estimate, construction sequence and execution, procurement and contracting strategies, commissioning and start up.
- Capable of managing impact of change & trends as it relates to budget control and ETC & EAC analysis.
- Full understanding of cross-functional interfaces with engineering, supply chain – materials & sub-contracts, construction, safety, quality, finance/accounting, and operations.
- Bilingual (French and English) is a must.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, individuals both internally and externally.
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large team that includes the customer, engineering disciplines, execution management team, and 3rd party suppliers.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while producing high-quality work.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel including use of pivot tables, formulas and import/export features.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.