HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual (French/English) Director of Field Engineering on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have a progressive career in shipbuilding including an appropriate training program and experience in various positions of responsibility. The successful candidate would have occupied a supervisory position in Production Engineering/Advance Planning for at least five (5) years in a major shipyard, and responsible for at least two (2) new construction projects on vessels over 100m OAL utilizing state of the art, efficient construction practices.
This position is a permanent, full-time position and is located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
- A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs.
- Life Insurance.
- Short Term Disability.
- Long Term Disability.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Pension Plan.
Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate will ensure the performance of an integrated engineering system, planning and production methods and achieve the objectives of the company in respect of schedules, budgets, and quality.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
Tasks related to Strategic Planning:
- Effectively work with key stakeholders to establish an overall new multi-vessel construction strategy across multiple contracts considering current production capabilities.
- Creation of individual vessel build strategy documents as supported by overall shipyard strategy.
Tasks related to Pre-Contract (Advance) Planning:
- Creation of project master schedule with support from Project Controls team. To include all design and major subcontractor activities.
- Identification of manpower and facility requirements for each project.
- Establishment of individual stage and zone project plans in cooperation with Production Departments.
- Working closely with Production Design subcontractors to provide all necessary guidance prior to start of 3D modelling.
- Development of standards & norms.
Tasks related to Post Contract Planning:
- Direction of work stage/zone information implementation into 3D product model.
- Direction of work pack creation by production planners.
Tasks related to Project Controls:
- Interface with project controls with reference to budget allocation and progress tracking / reporting.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Relevant degree or professional qualification from a recognized international Degree.
- Fluently bilingual (French and English), spoken and written.
- Held a Production Engineering/Advance Planning supervisory position for at least 5 years in a major shipyard.
- Had responsibility for Production Engineering/Advance Planning of at least two new construction projects on vessels over 100m OAL utilizing state of the art, efficient construction practices.
- Had a progressive career in shipbuilding including an appropriate training program and experience in various positions of responsibility.
- Modern shipyard production technologies and associated equipment.
- Production Engineering Process Flow & Control.
- Design for Manufacture Rules.
- WBS, project and product coding definition.
- Continuous Improvement practices including ‘Lean’ techniques.
- Build strategy development and zone by stage job planning.
- Planning & design document structure and content required to support efficient production.
- Optimum work pack sizing and content.
- Interface with and general direction of production design staff, including subcontracted design work.
- Shipbuilding standards creation and selection.
- Parts standardization.
- Interim Product definition.
- Norms definition.
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Shipyard development experience would be a valuable asset.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.