HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual French/English Scheduler on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, minimum of three (3) years’ experience in marine industry (shipbuilding) and experience in planning with AVEVA ERM or Primavera scheduling system.
this position is a permanent, full-time role and is located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
- A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs).
- Life Insurance.
- Short Term Disability.
- Long Term Disability.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Pension Plan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read and interpret drawings and all information provided by Engineering and Supply Chain.
- Understand basic Planning Techniques from the Work Breakdown Structure down to the activity level on the schedule including the predecessor and successor of activities.
- Ability to organize the information and material requirements into a Work Order that is easily understood by the Production Department in a timely manner.
- Estimate the resource requirements and duration of activities on the schedule.
- Ability to understand the production facilities and resources capacities such as: space constrains, equipment, qualified operators, and verifies their availability in order to satisfy the Project requirements.
- Responsibility of assigning Work Order budgets while staying within your overall budget.
- Provide reports and spreadsheets as required on work status.
- Participate in resource planning for the Projects.
- Assist other planners as required to meet the schedule.
- Develop and maintain procedures for planning, organizing, and completing all Engineering Operations within Client requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the agreed upon procedures for planning, organizing, and completing all Planning Operations within Client requirements.
- Ensure that all relevant Planning procedures and work instructions are available, understood, implemented, and updated as per standard operating procedures.
- Develop and cultivate a communication strategy between the Planning team, Operations Management and the Client as required.
- Ensure a smooth flow of operations though the Planning department.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in your respective discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years in shipbuilding (obligatory).
- College degree in related field of study.
- Experience in planning.
- Good knowledge of the activities network systems.
- Understanding of AVEVA ERM or Primavera scheduling system (asset).
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
- Must posses strong French and English written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable to speak with different departments.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.