HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual/French Payroll Coordinator on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have three (3) to five (5) years’ experience with DEC in accounting of finance, relevant experience in a unionized environment or the equivalent, experience with Kronos and payroll processing in high volumes. The candidate must be Bilingual/French speaking.
This is a permanent position located in Lévis, Québec.
The successful candidate is responsible for the weekly production of payroll in accordance with the rules, policies and collective agreements of the Client, processes payroll by ensuring that the data is collected, entered, processed, reconciled and verified in accordance with the requirements of the various groups and the payroll system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate all payroll related activities as per the submitted documents, ensuring compliance with established procedures and policies;
- Contact the payroll provider as required for any questions, modifications, additions, configurations and errors related to payroll processing;
- Monitor the documents associated with payroll production, verify their accuracy and take the necessary actions to correct anomalies accurately and thoroughly within the required timeframe;
- Meet weekly and annual deadlines;
- Collaborate with the accounting department on payroll matters and balance the payroll for accounting purposes if necessary;
- Work closely with departmental staff by assisting them and ensuring compliance with payroll, manpower costs, accounting expenses, insurance premiums and pension fund information as instructed;
- Perform analyses and produce reports for the various parties on a punctual basis;
- Ensure the follow-up of time and vacation banks, ensure their accuracy and rigor;
- Make the necessary adjustments and feedback and follow up with employees;
- Create and maintain up-to-date procedures related to payroll and peripheral systems;
- Ensure that the rules and regulations governing payroll are applied in accordance with the rules of the various levels of government;
- Complete and respond to all correspondence, surveys or requests from all levels of government in all departments;
- Support users of the electronic punch in their daily use of the software by communicating the correct way to use it;
- Collect data daily and analyze its content to validate compliance;
- Intervene for any ambiguity or questioning in the operation and application of the rules defined in the software;
- Ensure that accuracy of the data in accordance with the peripheries that supply data to the electronic punch;
- Close the payroll cycle by ensuring that all parties have completed their data entry; and
- Perform all other related tasks at the request of his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- DEC in accounting of finance and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a unionized environment or the equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of computerized payroll;
- Experience with the Kronos system;
- Experience in payroll processing (very high volume);
- Keep abreast of federal and provincial budget readings affecting payroll processing;
- Be recognized for its autonomy and methodology;
- Bilingual/French speaking;
- Fluency in English would be an asset; and
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Demonstrate precision, rigor and discretion;
- Customer service approach and good active listening skills;
- Ability to work as a team, to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail;
- Good stress management skills;
- Excellent priority management, in organization, time management, planning and follow-up;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Ability to work with clients and/or other groups/departments; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.