HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual/French Server Administrator on behalf of one of our Clients. In this role, the incumbent gives advice and expertise on optimal use of IT resources. They ensure coordination of activities related to IT Systems Operations, functioning and maintenance of the computer population, service agreements, office automation, networking and telecommunication.
This position is a permanent, full-time role and is located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
- A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs);
- Life Insurance;
- Short Term Disability;
- Long Term Disability;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment;
- Employee Family Assistance Program; and
- Pension Plan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Give advice to ‘’SuperUsers’’ concerning various IT systems;
- Cooperate with the IT technician for level 1 interventions;
- Provide technical support for level 1-2-3 interventions; and
- Cooperate with experts from outside for major interventions (level 4 and higher).
- Participate in development and coordinate implementation, development, review, maintenance, safe operation and control of IT systems, office automation tools, networking and telecommunication;
- Ensure availability and good working condition of tools and equipment related to IT, office automation, networking and telecommunication;
- Participate in preparation, control and application of an operation schedule concerning equipment maintenance and IT services functioning;
- Participate in service agreements with suppliers and external users and make sure that provided services are compliant;
- Participate in training activities on the usage of IT systems, office automation tools, networking and telecommunication for the personnel;
- Participate in development, implementation and improvement of IT tools adapted to company’s needs;
- Participate in development and updating of policies and rules in IT;
- Participate in review and rationalisation of administrative practices which facilitate resource management in his sector;
- Participate in the elaboration of training and development for personnel of his activity sector;
- Cooperate with budget of his activity sector; provide prices to the IT Manager for approval;
- Ensure availability, good working condition and right use of material and equipment;
- Participate in development and updating of IT resources; and
- Record all modifications to IT systems.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that you and anyone in your responsibility (employees, clients, vendors, etc…) understand the importance of the Davie workplace culture in regard to HSE and providing the team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities;
- Ensure that Davie’s environmental policies are respected in all construction and reparation projects; and
- Ensure the security of facilities of IT department and equipment and to institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism or other damage.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Information Technology diploma or degree, or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development; and
- 1 to 5 years of relevant experience in IT operations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- DEC in IT;
- Very good knowledge of Active directory, LDAP, GPO;
- Very good knowledge of TCP/IP, VLAN and Ethernet;
- Ability to multi-task, listen, understand and respond;
- Ability to work as a team and co-operation;
- Knowledge of networking, material and software (proxy, firewall, antivirus, VPN);
- Knowledge of development environment (programming);
- Microsoft Certification (Asset);
- Knowledge of C++, php and SQL (Asset); and
- Knowledge of IP telephony (Astérix and freepbx) (Asset).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.