HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual HSE Advisor on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have a University or College diploma related to occupational health and safety (OHS), experience as a Health and Safety Advisor, or in an equivalent position, in construction industry, and First Aid training.
This position is located in Lévis, QC.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
- A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs)
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Pension Plan
Essential Job Functions:
- In order to carry out his/her duties, the holder of this position is responsible for monitoring and supervising managers, their employees and production activities.
- Propose a unifying OHS vision for all projects.
- Ensure, with the various levels of the organization, the development of strategies, implementation, and development of good practices in OHS.
- Ensure the coaching and training of supervisors.
- Monitor the project supervisors to ensure that objectives are achieved.
- Sensitize and motivate the project management team with regards to the systems.
- Monitor activities and analyze accident trends and results.
- Identify potential risks and changes that could have an impact on the site.
- Prepare a detailed report on the status of systems, results of activities, and recommendations.
- Establish mechanisms to ensure policy implementation and accident reduction.
- Plan, organize, lead, and control prevention programs.
- Ensure compliance with OHS regulatory obligations and contribute to continuous performance improvement.
- Remain informed on the implementation of corrective measures and action plans.
- Lead intervention methods and practices associated with risk analysis.
- Provide advice to the project management team (interventions, priorities, safety equipment, legislation, etc.).
- Collaborate with the preventionist team to identify OHS training priorities and needs for each sector.
- Provide leaderships in the development, administration, and maintenance of OHS standards and continuous improvement programs.
- Coordinate and follow up on HS audits to ensure satisfactory compliance.
- Participate and manage audits.
- Provide training to employees.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University or college diploma related to occupational health and safety (OHS).
- Experience as a health and safety advisor, or in an equivalent position, in construction industry.
- First aid training.
- Good knowledge of safety, environment, and training requirements in the marine sector (an asset).
- Good knowledge of the statutory requirements and laws surrounding the marine industry (an asset).
- The ability to work as a team in a dynamic and constantly changing work environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.