HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an HSE Director on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with 15 or more years of experience in an HSE capacity in an industrial or manufacturing environment. The ideal applicant would have supervisory/management experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
This position is located in Quebec.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure safety of others on company site by coaching managers and supervisors in relation to proper HSE behaviors;
- Manage and provide recommendations to HSE personnel;
- Assist management in the process of conducting investigations using TapRoot/Root Cause methodology, report incident information and propose recommendations. Coaching and assisting supervisors and managers in the implementation of corrective actions;
- Review and maintain all incident reports and ensure that they are uploaded to the company tracking system;
- Analyze incidents and trends and report accordingly;
- Participate in reviewing and approving company HSE planning process;
- Prepare and execute audits and inspections while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Work in conjunction with regulators and company managers to limit exposure to citations and define requirements associated with this;
- Have a strong knowledge in company HSE regulatory standards and Federal and Provincial regulations and ensuring applications of these in the workplace. It is important that the HSE Director provides advice and support to supervisors and managers;
- Assist in developing training programs, attend meetings in relation to HSE and work in conjunction with the HSE team to assist with site communications and distribution of such.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree from an accredited college, technical institute or university in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development.;
- 15 or more years of experience in an HSE capacity, in an industrial environment;
- Supervisory/management experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment;
- Strong knowledge of Federal and Provincial rules and regulations;
- CRSP certification is considered a strong asset.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong interpersonal, time management and communication skills;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Have a drive for continuous improvement and commitment to HSE performance within the company;
- Ability to respectively challenge any existing practices that are not aligning with safety policies and procedures;
- Motivated and have the ability to work independently, while also having the ability to be a part of a team;
- Ability to solve HSE issues and problems as they arise;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Training in incident investigation and analysis (i.e. TapRoot, Root Cause, etc.) is considered an asset;
- Language: Bilingualism in English and French.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.