HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Liaison Officer – Community Affairs on behalf of one of our clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with the Aboriginal communities with which the Client has an agreement, in order to foster positive relationships and to ensure a presence in the communities.
This position is in Labrador. This is a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Contribute to maintaining positive relations with the Aboriginal communities in the Schefferville (Matimekush-Lac John, Kawawachikamach), Sept-Iles, and Goose Bay regions as well as with the members of these communities working on the Mine site.
• Understand the needs, realities, and concerns of members of said Aboriginal communities, as they pertain to employment, training, environmental and social issues.
• Work in close collaboration with Mine Site departments as well as the employment offices and educational institutions of Matimekush-Lac John, Kawawachikamach, Uashat mak Mani-utenam, Innu Nation and NunatuKavut Community Council to support the recruitment, training, and retention of Aboriginal workers on the Mine site.
• Provide guidance and support to members of said Aboriginal communities in their search for employment and while on-the-job to the proper resources when needed.
• Organize and ensure a company presence in community events.
• Facilitate cultural awareness sessions and “Lunch and Learn” sessions at the Mine site.
• Participate in and take notes at working group and committee meetings.
• All other related tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Educational background in Communications, Indigenous studies, Human Resources, or any other discipline deemed appropriate with relevant experience will be considered assets.
• Experience and interest to work in a northern mining environment.
• Excellent communication and networking skills – Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken, is essential.
• Fluency in Innu/Naskapi will be important assets. Successful applicants will be subject to an assessment.
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required).
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail as well as a diplomatic approach.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Category||Human Resources|