HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Material Manager on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelors Degree or college diploma in an appropriate field, a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position, and must be Bilingual in English and French.
This position is located in Lévis, QC. This is a permanent position.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
• A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs)
• Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment
• Employee Family Assistance Program
• Pension Plan
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
In order to carry out his/her duties, the incumbent plans and coordinates one or more of the following functions, including expediting, receiving, storing, issuing equipment, according to program’s work schedules and requests of various production departments.
• Plan and/or coordinate all activities related to the movement of program-related material within the shipyard or between the client and subcontractors or their clients;
• Manage coordination of delivery, reception and storage of program-related material;
• Identify, together with the program team members, the program’s material and equipment needs;
• Maintain data integrity in the system;
• Managing the material requirements list, including identifying any material shortages and actioning procurement to fill once validated (Management of the Material Status List);
• Coordinating technical clarifications with the client regarding material obsolescence or substitutions;
• Managing the Government Supplied Material (GSM) and test equipment (SPPTATE) once transferred to the client and liaising with the government to obtain it in support of the schedule;
• Ensure that all transactions affecting the movement of material or having an impact on production schedules are reflected within the material management information system;
• Analyze the various computer reports to identify materials that are late or at risk of being late and participate in the development of alternative solutions;
• Maintaining and updating consumables material lists based on project progress and establish with procurement team efficient procurement strategies;
• Managing the de-stored material from the ship — ensuring correct identification and warehousing of material for ultimate return to Canada, the ship, or for disposal;
• Coordinating inbound and outbound shipments of material from repair facilities;
• Ensure the operation of services offered by satellite stores and onboard stores;
• Ensuring regular reporting to the program and project team identifying material availability in support of the schedule, material risks likely to impact the program, and overall material progress;
• Develop and manage all the reporting for their clients, as per contract requirements related to material management;
• Responsible for the inventory control (quarantine, obsolescence, shelf life, scrap)
• Manage all non-conformance (NCR’s) & corrective actions (CAR’s)
• Manage and track Controlled Goods/ITAR items
• Ensuring that procurement activities are aligned to requirement priorities of the program;
• Responsible for setting day-to-day priorities of buyers by correctly indicating the requirements in the material management information system, all in accordance with the program schedule/priorities;
• Responsible for setting day-to-day priorities of expeditors, material coordinators, and storekeepers in line with the program;
• Responsible for informing, on a daily basis the procurement team, expeditors, material coordinators, and storekeepers of any modifications in the scheduling of the program priorities;
• Attend to all required meetings as the supply chain representative;
• Carry out all other tasks required by the program manager to contribute to the effective performance of the project and program; and
• When assigned to the program team, the incumbent must comply with program policies and procedures as well as functional policies and procedures. As such, he/she will maintain a double reporting to the immediate program manager and the functional manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• A Bachelor’s Degree or college diploma in an appropriate discipline (Procurement, Inventory Management);
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
• Experience in the maritime field is an asset;
• Bilingual in English and French is considered essential;
• Must demonstrate autonomy; and
• Have a good analytical mind.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.