HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Mechanical Estimator on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have a technical degree in the appropriate discipline, 5 or more years of experience in a similar position or as an Estimator in the marine, ship building or ship repair.
This position is located in Lévis, QC.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
- A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs)
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Pension Plan
Essential Job Functions:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that the department understands the importance of the CDCI workplace culture in regard to HSE and providing the team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities.
- Continually promote HSE awareness within your team and the corporation as a whole by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of the Buyers, Supply Chains Managers and all other employees involved in your daily operations.
- Organize and conduct meetings and maintain a log of any action items resulting from the meeting and addressing those action items in a timely manner as required.
- Work with the HSE Team to resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately.
- Respond appropriately to any violations of the HSE policy and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately.
- Ensure the security of facilities and equipment and to work with the HSE Team to institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism, or other damage.
- Ensure that CDCI’s environmental policies are respected in all construction and reparation projects.
- Study drawings, specifications, specifications, classification standards and regulations and take note of important elements to have better knowledge of the nature of equipment and of work details indicated in specifications.
- Analyse assigned specifications and determine their labour and material costs and subcontractor costs to implement in the most cost-effective way as possible.
- Contact selected suppliers by phone, e-mail or mail and provide them with equipment specifications to obtain quotations.
- Analyse suppliers’ quotations by comparing different equipment coming from them considering the technical aspect according to specifications, method of payment and delivery time, to choose the best product.
- Determine the cost of each specifications including the chosen equipment and services by calculating the price of each element and/or part included in the final product to obtain a total price for the work package.
- Establish the necessary time to complete the specifications by taking into account the manpower data compiled for previous and similar work packages , the acquired knowledge from previous projects, the specific elements of projects in progress and by asking for supervisor or colleague assistance, if necessary, in order to calculate a total number of hours for assigned specifications.
- List equipment and its cost, as well as all data related to labour, sub-contracts, and other involved elements to assess the full cost of the specification.
- Assess the level of confidence, risk and cost contingency required to apply to each estimated specification.
- Attend Management Review Meetings as required at the request of the Director of Estimation.
- Develop and maintain procedures for planning, organizing, and completing all Estimation Operations within CDCI.
- Ensure compliance with the agreed upon procedures for planning, organizing, and completing all Estimation Operations within CDCI.
- Ensure that all relevant Estimation procedures and work instructions are available, understood, implemented, and updated as per standard operating procedures.
- Develop and cultivate a communication strategy between the Estimation team, Operations Management and the Client as required.
- Ensure a smooth flow of operations though the Estimation department.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A technical degree in in the appropriate discipline as related to the position or Mechanical discipline
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a similar position or as estimator in the marine, ship building or ship repair.
- Good communication skills.
- Autonomy; Ability to manage priorities.
- Ability to negotiate.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.