Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Mechanical Technician on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in design and selection of mining process equipment.
This position is in Montreal, QC. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and model mechanical equipment according to standards and specifications, in a 3D digital environment (point cloud).
- Produce general arrangements of equipment, in collaboration with other industrial disciplines.
- Participate in the selection of equipment such as grinders, screens, pump boxes, dust collectors.
- Participate in the design of transfer chutes and handling conveyors.
- Ensure quality control of 3D models.
- Ensure multidisciplinary coordination with the industrial team and other professionals assigned to the project.
- Control the quality of the drawings produced by the team of less experienced draftsmen/designers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree or certificate in drafting or engineering technology.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in design and selection of mining process equipment.
- Ability to design in 3D, with emphasis on safety, constructability, maintainability, and industry bets practices.
- Experience in plant layout and optimization.
- Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required).
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Proficiency in Naviswork, Solidworks, and Inventor software.
- Knowledge of Revit and BIM 360 (an asset).
- Bilingualism (an asset).
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.