HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Planner – Mechanical and Piping on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or College Diploma in a related field, experience in planning, and a minimum of 3 years of shipbuilding experience.
This position is located in Lévis, QC.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
- A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs)
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Pension Plan
Essential Job Functions:
- Read and interpret drawings and all information provided by engineering and supply chain.
- Understand the basic planning techniques of the Work Distribution Structure up to the schedule level, including the predecessor and successor of activities.
- Ability to quickly organize information and material requirements into a job card that can be easily understood by the Production Department.
- Estimate resource requirements and duration of scheduled activities.
- Ability to understand production facilities and resources, such as: space constraints, equipment, qualified operators, and check their availability to meet project requirements.
- Responsibility for assigning job card budgets while remaining within overall budgets.
- Provide reports and spreadsheets on the progress of the work, if required.
- Participate in resource planning for projects.
- Assist other planners if necessary, to meet the schedule.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering in your respective discipline and/or a college diploma in a related field of study.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in shipbuilding (mandatory).
- Experience in planning.
- Good knowledge of business network systems.
- Understanding of AVEVA ERM or the Primavera planning system (an asset).
- Comfortable talking to different departments.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in team.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.