HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Planning and Scheduling Lead on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with a minimum of 5 years in shipbuilding experience. The ideal applicant would have a Post-Secondary Education or relevant experience in the field.
This position is located in Quebec City.
Essential Job Functions:
Overview: In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and reporting on the schedule progress for new build, conversion, or ship repair contracts.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that you and anyone in your responsibility (employees, clients, vendors, etc…) understand the importance of the Client’s workplace culture in regards to HSE and providing the team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities;
- Continually promote HSE awareness within your team and the corporation as a whole by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of the Technicians, Technologists and other Planners and all other employees involved in your daily operations;
- Resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately;
- Respond appropriately to any violations of the HSE policy and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately;
- Ensure that the Client’s environmental policies are respected in all construction and reparation projects;
- Ensure the security of facilities of the Planning department and equipment and to institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism or other damage.
- Develop and maintain Master Program Schedule including schedule integration with subcontractors and clients work scopes. This includes the application of any changes and scope growth, long lead materials, and any other external scheduled activities relating the successful and timely delivery of Program;
- Extract detail from customer agreed specifications to support WBS creation and subsequent creation of effective high-quality work packages. To support Detailed Planning phase;
- Responsibility to assign and control Work Order budgets. To effectively ensure that Planning do not over allocate or otherwise over distribute hours above the agreed budget;
- Ensure correct allocation of agreed manhours across all related activities within the scope of the particularized Project schedule;
- Provide support to any Project Controls activities as requested;
- Provide monthly/weekly resource performance analysis for all order intake and forecast requirements;
- Participate in schedule and cost adherence activities relating to subcontractors;
- Ability to understand the production facilities and resources capacities such as: space constrains, equipment, qualified operators, and verifies their availability in order to satisfy the Project requirements;
- Ability to understand all activities onboard and their sequential relationships;
- Ability to run “what-if” scenarios to be able to assess impacts of incoming change on the program;
- Ability to maintain multiple Progress s- curves showing scope growth;
- Responsible for progress reporting, schedule variance reports & earned value reporting as well as coordinating internal planning / progress meetings with planning leads & production;
- Provide reports and spreadsheets as required on work status;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ensure compliance with the agreed upon procedures for scheduling and planning operations within the Company;
- Ensure that all relevant scheduling and planning procedures and work instructions are available, understood, and implemented on the project;
- Develop and cultivate a communication strategy between the Planning team, Operations Management and the Client as required;
- Ensure a smooth flow of operations though the Scheduling / Planning team.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Required Skills and Knowledge for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- A minimum of 5 years in shipbuilding (obligatory)
- Post-Secondary Education or relevant experience in the field;
- Experience in planning and scheduling;
- Good knowledge of the activities network systems;
- Primavera scheduling system (advanced usage capabilities, capable of building advanced reports);
- Experience working with AVEVA ERM would be considered an asset;
- Ability to work in confident, self-direct manner while prioritizing a large volume of work;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively interface with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
- Multi-Tasking – the ability to processes information quickly and manages several tasks simultaneously;
- Teamwork and Co-operation – is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals;
- Flexibility – is the ability and willingness to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations, and with diverse individuals or groups;
- Information Seeking – it implies going beyond the questions that are routine or required in the job. It may include “digging” or pressing for exact information. Resolution of discrepancies by asking a series of questions. or less-focused environmental “scanning” for potential opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be of future use;
- Integrity – refers to actions that are consistent with what one says are important. People with integrity “walk the talk” by communicating intentions, ideas and feelings openly and directly, and welcoming openness and honesty even in difficult situations;
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – is the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds;
- Relationship Building – is working to build or maintain ethical relationships or networks or contacts with people who are, or may be, potentially helpful in achieving work-related goals and establishing advantages;
- Results Orientation – is a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. The standard may be one’s own past performance (striving for improvement). an objective measure (achievement orientation). Challenging goals that one has set. or even improving or surpassing what has already been done (continuous improvement);
- Self-Confidence – is a belief in one’s own capability to accomplish a task and select an effective approach to a task or problem;
- Organizational Commitment – is the ability and willingness to align one’s own behaviours with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization, and to promote organizational goals to meet organizational needs. It also includes acting in accordance with organizational decisions and behaving with integrity;
- Computer / Technical Skills – is the ability to utilize and understand the strengths and limitations of the required software packages and tools to successfully complete your assigned tasks effectively and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification considered an asset
- Language: French is considered a requirement; Bilingualism is an asset (Please send resumes in English).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.