HR Project Partners is currently recruiting a Bilingual Principle Advisor – IT Procurement on behalf of our Client. The ideal applicant would have extensive experience in IT Procurement and a Bachelor’s degree in commerce, finance or information technology. Bilingual in English and French is a requirement.
This position is located in Montreal, QC. The duration of this position is permanent.
Client details (Benefits):
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment;
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards;
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions;
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs;
- Excellent retirement plan;
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays);
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter; and
- Generous employee share program.
Essential Job Functions:
As the Principal Advisor – Information Systems and Technology, Procurement you will be responsible for partnering with global category managers and regional Information Systems and Technology stakeholders to support the development and implementation of Information Systems and Technology category strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and strategic procurement professional with a strong background in IT procurement. You are a natural leader with a passion for process improvement and transformation and can speak the language of today’s information technology landscape. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Information Systems and Technology Procurement you will:
- Provide regional leadership in supporting the development and ongoing implementation of global category strategies;
- Deliver long term value to internal stakeholders through successful supplier relationships and effective contract management;
- Be responsible for sourcing demand management and execution of regional sourcing activities;
- Lead the development of commercial and legal negotiation strategies as appropriate;
- Lead the contract implementation and management of nominated global suppliers & managing reporting on supplier performance, which includes ongoing evaluation of the suppliers’ balanced scorecard for inclusion in global supply relationship management in order to ensure operations are running efficiently;
- Act as the primary contact within the region for Information Systems and Technology procurement; and
- Lead a small team of category specialists.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, finance or information technology, Master’s degree or MBA will be an asset;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT procurement;
- Working knowledge of commercial legal contracts in various locations such as Asia, Australia, Europe, US and Canada;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License; and
- Language: Bilingual in English and French essential.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.