HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Production Maintenance Supervisor on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have experience in maintaining and improving the operational activities related to all of production related activities in a safe and respectful manner.
This position is located in Quebec. Relocation is required for non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that the skilled trades employees understand the importance of workplace culture most particularly as it relates to HSE and providing your team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities;
- Continually promote HSE awareness within your team and the corporation by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of the skilled trade employees and all other employees involved in your daily operations;
- Organize and conduct meetings and maintain a log of any action items resulting from the meeting and addressing those action items in a timely manner as required;
- Provide the skilled trades employees with the knowledge to be able to recognize safe work practices, knowledge to know they only work under safe work practices and to empowerment to advise their colleagues when an unsafe work practice is happening. Also, to provide guidance to the skilled trades employees when they are unsure if a work practice is safe or not and how to proceed along with the assistant of an HSE Advisor if required;
- Work with the HSE Team to resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately;
- Respond appropriately to any violations of the HSE policy and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately;
- Ensure that all skilled trades employees are always wearing and utilizing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment in accordance with the HSE rules and regulations;
- Ensure the security of facilities and equipment and to work with the HSE Team to institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism or other damage;
- Ensure that environmental policies are respected in all construction and reparation projects.
- Work with your immediate supervisor to establish action plans to ensure the efficient and effective completion of production tasks, communicate these action plans clearly and effectively and monitor the progress towards completion;
- Be knowledgeable and aware of the daily operations being completed by your team, take responsibility for their actions and queries by ensuring that you respond quickly and clearly to any queries / discrepancies to ensure that desired results are achieved;
- Plan daily operations / tasks accordingly to ensure that the production schedule is achieved. Be prepared to discuss any inabilities to meet the production schedule with proposed solutions for getting back on schedule;
- Work with your immediate manager to prioritize production actions / tasks.
- Manage and verify daily production reports;
- Perform follow up as required if a particular task performed does not meet the quality expectations and re-work needs to be completed;
- Develop work methods as required to ensure the most effective and efficient manner to complete an action / task;
- Approve documents related to production (work instructions, forms, non-conformance reports, etc.) as they relate to produced components;
- Participate in optimization of fabrication procedures such as automation as they relate to your discipline;
- Participate in improving production processes in order to reduce re-work;
- Review and recommend modifications in procedures, work instructions and other production related documents for continuous improvement of production-related activities;
- Attend Production and Management Review Meetings as required at the request of the Director of Production or other members of the management team.
- Lead the skilled trades employees in such a manner that they are motivated, satisfied, loyal and effective team members who are committed to the achieving the standards and the goals of the production team and of the corporation;
- In conjunction with the Production manager, complete all probationary and subsequent performance reviews for skilled trades employees;
- Ensure that all skilled trades employees receive the required training for their role;
- React appropriately to actions that require disciplinary action by working in conjunction with Production Management, Human Resources and HSE as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-Secondary education in the appropriate discipline as related to the position;
- Work experience in an industrial environment;
- Five (5) or more years of experience in personnel management;
- Experience in working in a unionized environment;
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Language: Bilingual in English and French is required.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.