HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Project Control Specialist on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or another relevant field with experience in cost control and planning. The ideal applicant would posses a CPA, CA, CMA or CGA and have 1-3 years of experience in a similar position.
This position is located in Quebec City.
Essential Job Functions:
Overview: In this role, the incumbent is responsible for the project finances related to accounting, cost control, budget development and forecast according to corporative procedures and policies of the company. He must provide support to the project manager in all financial aspects of the project.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure understanding of the importance of the Client’s workplace culture as it relates to OHS and provide his team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities;
- Continually promote OHS awareness within his team and the facility by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of all employees involved in daily operations;
- Resolve any OHS issues brought to his attention in a timely manner and notify the OHS team of the issue immediately;
- React in an appropriate manner to OHS policy infractions and notify the OHS team of the issue immediately;
- Ensure that the Client’s environmental rules are respected in all construction and reparation projects;
- Ensure the security of the department’s facilities and equipment and institute policies with a goal of minimizing loss, theft, vandalism or other damage.
- Provide financial reports related to the project, including weekly reports, budget development, monthly forecast and end-of-month reviews compared with budget;
- Develop and keep management information reports such as progressive invoicing, contract direct cost analysis, net cash flow, currency impact analysis, critical supplier list;
- Work in close cooperation with the project director in order to make sure that he is aware of progress related to the project in progress;
- Develop performance indicators (cost analysis);
- Complete a comprehensive budget analysis compared with real costs of the project;
- Make sure that internal control systems exist and that they are implemented during various stages of the project according to the company’s standards;
- Keep a control list and a key control file for an annual audit;
- Make sure that the shipyard change orders are recorded and have the appropriate approval level;
- Help to prepare, review and approve modifications made in the contract;
- Identify cost reduction initiatives;
- Provide general support to other departments, e.g.: Supply and Operations;
- Ensure compliance with laws and all specific local requirements;
- Perform any other related tasks.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or in any other relevant field;
- Experience with cost control and planning;
- Possess one of the following titles: CPA, CA, CMA or CGA;
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Bilingual in English and French is required;
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team and resolve conflicts;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel;
- Good practical knowledge of financial systems, project management techniques (planning, budget control, etc.).
- Teamwork and Co-operation – is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals;
- Flexibility – is the ability and willingness to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations, and with diverse individuals or groups;
- Information Seeking – it implies going beyond the questions that are routine or required in the job. It may include “digging” or pressing for exact information; resolution of discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or less-focused environmental “scanning” for potential opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be of future use;
- Integrity – refers to actions that are consistent with what one says are important. People with integrity “walk the talk” by communicating intentions, ideas and feelings openly and directly, and welcoming openness and honesty even in difficult situations;
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – is the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds;
- Relationship Building – is working to build or maintain ethical relationships or networks or contacts with people who are, or may be, potentially helpful in achieving work-related goals and establishing advantages;
- Results Orientation – is a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. The standard may be one’s own past performance (striving for improvement); an objective measure (achievement orientation); challenging goals that one has set; or even improving or surpassing what has already been done (continuous improvement);
- Self-Confidence – is a belief in one’s own capability to accomplish a task and select an effective approach to a task or problem;
- Organizational Commitment – is the ability and willingness to align one’s own behaviors with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization, and to promote organizational goals to meet organizational needs. It also includes acting in accordance with organizational decisions and behaving with integrity;
- Computer / Technical Skills – is the ability to utilize and understand the strengths and limitations of the required software packages and tools to successfully complete your assigned tasks effectively and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.