HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Project Manager – Facilities on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. The ideal applicant would have seven (7) years or more of experience in related field managing significant projects.
This position is located in Quebec City.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that you, as well as everyone for whom you are responsible (employees, clients, vendors, etc.) understand the importance of the Client’s work culture, particularly with regards to OHS, and provide the necessary support to your team in order to promote this culture in daily activities;
- Continually promote OHS awareness within your team and within the facility in general by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of technicians, technologists and other engineers as well as all other employees involved in your daily operations;
- Work with the OHS Team to resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the OHS team of issues immediately;
- Appropriately react to OHS policy infractions and immediately notify the OHS team;
- Ensure that the Client’s rules concerning the environment are respected in all construction and repair projects;
- Ensure the security of estimation department facilities and equipment and institute policies that will minimize loss, theft, vandalism and other damage.
- Draft technical specifications which meet the criteria and standards of the organization, as well as the bid request process;
- Develop, plan, organize and coordinate project execution schedules and the steps to follow in order to ensure that schedules are met;
- Manage the client-supplier relationship by acting as a key interface for client relations;
- Identify and communicate contractual obligations and ensure they are respected at all times;
- Transform contract uncertainties into commercial advantages and benefits;
- Recognize and resolve contract loopholes by defining new arrangements when needed;
- Identify contract and specification changes, manage them, prepare additional resource and/or deadline claims and present them to the client;
- Ensure that the project obtains the investments needed for its achievement;
- Establish a project plan, based on the construction strategy as well as the scheduling of the plan’s activities covering the entirety of company functions, including subcontracted activities;
- Based on the allocated budget, designate material resources, manpower and financial resources to the various plan activities. The project plan must be sufficiently detailed to ensure adequate control of the project and the given subcontracted activities with regard to cost, quality and schedule;
- Ensure that project-specific processes are respected;
- Establish a plan for resource mobilization, including training if needed;
- Establish a quality plan;
- Establish a communication plan also aimed at subcontractors;
- Manage the interfaces between the different project stakeholders;
- Follow up on performance with regard to established budgets and the schedule of planned activities. Identify and justify discrepancies; put corrective actions in place;
- Produce cost and schedule projections;
- Produce monthly and quarterly project reports;
- Identify risks and put contingency plans in place;
- Subcontractor Management: approve estimates, answer questions, approve required documents and manage the contract in order to ensure that work is completed according to budget and schedule, as well as facilitate discussions and meetings;
- Project Management: planning, preparing material requirements; preparing budget and schedule estimates; preparing reports and drawing specifications linked to the discipline;
- Major equipment Management: supervise and inspect the arrangement, modification and entry into service of major equipment linked to the discipline.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Professional Engineer designation is required;
- Seven (7) years or more of experience in related field managing significant projects;
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering;
- A Master’s degree in project management (considered an asset) or equivalent experience;
- Advanced oral and written skills French and English;
- Experience in conflict management and negotiation;
- Ability to manage multiple client-supplier relationships simultaneously;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of MS project (an asset);
- Strong skills related to managing stress and multiple priorities;
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
Skills Related to the Position:
- Multi-Tasking – the ability to process information quickly and manage several tasks simultaneously;
- Teamwork and Cooperation – the ability to work cooperatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals;
- Flexibility – the ability and willingness to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations, and with diverse individuals or groups;
- Information Seeking – implies going beyond the questions that are routine or required in the job. It may include “digging” or pushing for exact information; resolution of discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or less-focused environmental “scanning” for potential opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be of future use;
- Integrity – refers to actions that are consistent with words. People with integrity “walk the talk” by communicating intentions, ideas and feelings openly and directly, and welcoming openness and honesty even in difficult situations;
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds;
- Relationship Building – working to build or maintain ethical relationships, networks or contacts with people who are, or may be, potentially helpful in achieving work-related goals and establishing advantages;
- Result-Orientation – a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. The standard maybe one’s own past performance (striving for improvement), an objective measure (achievement orientation), challenging goals that one has set, or even improving or surpassing what has already been done (continuous improvement);
- Self-Confidence – a belief in one’s own capability to accomplish a task and select an effective approach to a task or problem;
- Organizational Commitment – the ability and willingness to align one’s own behaviors with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization, and to promote organizational goals to meet organizational needs. It also includes acting in accordance with organizational decisions and behaving with integrity;
- Computer/Technical Skills – the ability to utilize and understand the strengths and limitations of the required software packages and tools to successfully complete your assigned tasks effectively and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification considered an asset;
- Language: French is considered requirement; Bilingualism is an asset (Please send resumes in English).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.