HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Bilingual Quality Control Manager on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with minimum 15 years of experience in QA/QC and at least 10 years of experience in managing people (prefer in marine construction). The ideal applicant would have experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans, contract documents and project specifications.
This position is a permanent, full-time role and is located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
- A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs);
- Life Insurance;
- Short Term Disability;
- Long Term Disability;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment;
- Employee Family Assistance Program; and
- Pension Plan.
Essential Job Functions:
In this role the incumbent is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Quality Control System Program for Davie. This is done by ensuring that all work being produced meets the agreed upon regulations, standards and procedures of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System adopted and utilized by Davie. Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain procedures for planning, organizing and completing all Quality Systems Operations within Davie;
- Ensure compliance with the agreed upon procedures for planning, organizing and completing all Quality Systems Operations within Davie;
- Ensure that all relevant Quality Systems procedures and work instructions are available, understood, implemented and updated as per standard operating procedures;
- Develop and cultivate a communication strategy between the Quality Systems team, Operations Management and the client as required;
- Ensure a smooth flow of operations though the Quality Control department;
- Provide daily assistance to the Quality Control Inspectors, Accuracy control inspectors and NDT supervisors as required to ensure effective and efficient completion of their daily activities;
- Prepare and implement the Quality Plan (Inspection Test Plane) for marine new construction, marine maintenance, and marine repair;
- Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel;
- Pre-plan when applicable for the completion of tasks associated with Quality Systems to ensure inspections and other services are delivered accurately the first time with the best achievable quality, adhering to all HSE rules and regulations, within budget and using the team of people available to you;
- Ensure that document control associated with the Quality Systems team is up to date and accurate at all times;
- In conjunction with the Director, Quality Systems set a bar of quality standards within the department to ensure that standards are achieved and maintained. These standards could lead to the creation of Key Performance Indicators to be used as a global indicator of Quality Systems performance within the corporation;
- Ensure that all non-conformance activities resulting from customer complaints and/or unacceptable quality issues are documented and auctioned using the agreed upon standards and within the agreed upon timelines;
- Ensure that all corrections implemented as a result of non-conformances are maintained. i.e. the same non-conformance issue is not resolved or the same issue in a different scenario arises.
- Lead the Quality/Accuracy/NDT Inspection team in such a manner that they are motivated, satisfied, loyal and effective team members who are committed to the achieving the standards and the goals of the department and of the corporation as a whole;
- Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required Quality Records;
- Supports the Construction Director and Manager in dealing with the Client for all the Quality matters;
- Supports the Welding & Non-Destructive Test-NDT qualification activities;
- In conjunction with the Director of Quality Systems complete all probationary and other performance reviews for Quality Control Inspectors.
- Supports and participate to all the internal/external audits;
- Cooperate with the Project Quality to analyses of non-conformities;
- Determines, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications;
- Assesses customer requirements and ensuring that these are met and setting customer service standards;
- Document attendance at any internal or external training as related to Quality Systems or to the further development of the Quality Control Inspectors as per the standard operating procedure.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in QA/QC;
- At least 10 years of experience in managing people (prefer in marine construction);
- Experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans, contract documents and project specifications;
- Strong knowledge of classification rules and regulation (LR, DNV-GL and ABS);
- Experience in marine new construction, marine maintenance, marine repair and overall operations within the facility.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French;
- Proven ability to work effectively with customers and/or other bodies/departments;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.