HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Civil Engineering Technician – Railway on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have an educational background in Civil Engineering Technology and/or equivalent experience, and a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a similar position.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL or Sept-Iles, QC.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervise a team of unionized heavy operators on different types of work along the railway line (culverts preparation, earthworks in general, etc.);
• Ensure that the work is done according to the high safety standards of the Company (JHA, CRM, Takes 5 etc.);
• Ensure and participate in the planning of work related to work trains;
• Participate in conference calls required to monitor the work progress;
• Enter time of working teams; and
• Follow up on notices and work orders related to work performed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, and/or equivalent experience;
• Must have a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a similar position;
• Previous railway experience is considered an asset;
• Bilingualism in French and English is not required but is considered an asset;
• Ability to wear a full face/half mask respirator (if required); and
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Job Category||Engineering Technologists|