HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Construction Superintendent – Development & Growth on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in projects, construction, shutdown management, planning, execution, commissioning and handover.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Continually striving for Zero Harm on all projects;
• Delivering Safety Leadership in-the-field, onboarding team members and ensuring task safety requirements are understood and implemented;
• Communicating site rules regarding health, safety and environment procedures to project resources and enforcing those rules;
• Leading development and approval of Installation & Construction Work Packages;
• Establishing the venue and participants for all daily site meetings with contractors, project controls, project management team and safety;
• Monitor, adjust and improve project KPI’s with project team & stakeholders throughout project lifecycle;
• Establish & supervise Construction Coordinators (CC’s), who in turn co-ordinate the daily safe, quality and efficient work from the contractors; and
• Improve & implement Management of Change (MOC) process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Trades Certificate/Red Seal Journeyperson, Technology Diploma or Bachelor Degree Engineering;
• Minimum of 10 years project, engineering & construction leadership experience;
• Primary language: English (Bilingual considered an asset);
• A strong safety commitment and advocacy;
• Commercial acumen commensurate with role requirements;
• Strong problem solving, strategic and analytical capability;
• Effective and authoritative communication with coaching skills;
• Effective time management and personal organizational skills;
• Demonstrate an open minded, genuine, curiosity towards understanding the needs of the business and the impact of applied solutions;
• Proven stakeholder management experience;
• Experienced with Lean Construction principles and deployment;
• Design review and engineering deliverable management experience; and
• Fluent with constructability review & risk management processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Job Category||Construction Management|