HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Construction Superintendent on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a Trades Certificate/Red Seal Journeyperson, Technology Diploma or Bachelors Degree, and a minimum of 10 years’ construction leadership experience.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. This is a permanent position. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Continually striving for Zero Harm on all projects;
• Delivering Safety Leadership in-the-field, onboarding team members and ensuring task safety requirements are understood and implemented;
• Communicating site rules regarding health, safety and environment procedures to project resources and enforcing those rules;
• Leading development and approval of Installation and Construction Work Packages;
• Establishing the venue and participants for all daily site meetings with contractors, project controls, project management team and safety;
• Establish and supervise Construction Coordinators (CC’s), who in turn co-ordinate the daily safe, quality and efficient work from the contractors; and
• Improve and implement Management of Change (MOC) process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Trades Certificate/Red Seal Journeyperson, Technology Diploma or Bachelor Degree Engineering;
• Minimum of 10 years construction leadership experience;
• A strong safety commitment and advocacy;
• Commercial acumen commensurate with role requirements;
• Proven stakeholder management experience; and
• Primary language: English.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Effective and authoritative communication with coaching skills;
• Effective time management and personal organizational skills;
• Demonstrate an open-minded genuine curiosity towards understanding the needs of business and the impact of applied solutions;
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Job Category||Construction Management|