HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Continuous Improvement & Reliability Manager on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience with surface mobile and fixed mining equipment, as well as root cause analysis for both fixed and mobile assets.
This is a permanent position, on a fly-in/fly-out rotation.
This role will provide leadership, technical assistance and coordination for all asset reliability and condition-based monitoring processes and systems as well as continuous improvement efforts across to the organization to achieve business objectives. This position will work collaboratively with operational, planning and maintenance departmental leadership teams to instill a culture of reliability and improvement performance excellence. The role will focus on (but not limited to) asset criticality analysis, FMEA, preventive and predictive maintenance, downtime analysis, basic care, and root cause analysis for both fixed and mobile assets. They will work with departments on the improvement of processes and the implementation of technology and automation, bringing together business understanding, process improvement and project management. Overall to develop and lead a reliability and operational excellence culture that facilitates the achievement of significant improvements in the efficient and effective execution of the business strategy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide overall leadership and strategic direction to a team of reliability and continuous improvement professionals.
• Develop a long-term reliability and continuous improvement plan focused on increasing equipment reliability and availability, asset life cycle management, process efficiency and expense reduction.
• Implement key performance indicators focusing on asset reliability improvement, failure identification and elimination to proactively identify gaps and opportunities for continuous improvement based on operational and maintenance department feedback.
• Liaison with Planning, Maintenance and Operational teams on performing RCA’s, FMEA’s, equipment strategy design to increase availability of equipment, and condition-based monitoring program.
• Provide support to analyzing data and prioritizing major (chronic) maintenance failures and developing action plans to reduce repeatable failures.
• Coach Reliability and CI team on influencing strategies to breakdown organizational barriers and pull team members together from multi-disciplinary backgrounds to work together to define processes and solve problems.
• Establish and provide reliability and continuous improvement trending/reporting and support business case development for identified projects.
• Establish equipment performance expectations and ensure coordination with planning actions that should be included maintenance plans.
• Provide technical support to the Maintenance Department and Procurement on the selection of equipment based on reliability improvements and industry best practices.
• Conduct employee performance reviews, including career progression and training plans.
• Co-ordinate, plan, organize, lead, and manage condition-based monitoring activities including oil analysis and vibration analysis programs for fixed and mobile equipment to generate reports and initiate the required corrective and preventive actions.
• Oversee Condition Monitoring tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities.
• Lead team of subject matter experts through all phases of process redesign (mobilization on current state assessment, best practices, future state visioning/strategy, blueprinting, implementation, and metrics development).
• Oversee the application of business process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, to drive effective solutions and continuous process improvement.
• Focus upon process improvement to enhance productivity, increase revenue, enhance safety, and reduce cost, consistent with the strategic direction of the company.
• Be accountable for delivering on multiple highly complex, highly visible initiatives that will have an immediate and long-term impact, leading to positive systemic change.
• Work with leadership and multi-functional teams to identify, develop, and facilitate the execution of selected improvement projects.
• Act as a change agent to instill an operational excellence, performance improvement culture throughout the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business is required.
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt is desirable.
• Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certification is an asset.
• Project Management certification is an asset.
• Experience with computerized maintenance systems, SAP experience is preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with surface mobile and fixed mining equipment as well as project management.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years experience with reliability and/or asset management.
• Must have a minimum of 7 years experience in progressive leadership.
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required).
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Strong management and interpersonal skills.
• Proven budgetary skills, cost control, and effective report writing skills.
• Knowledge of indigenous communities and indigenous issues related to the mineral industry.
• Exceptional analytical skills at both strategic and functional levels.
• Proven ability to lead and work through others without direct reporting relationship to achieve business goals utilizing persuasion and influencing skills.
• Knowledge change management principles and methodologies.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Job Category||Engineer, Supervisor|