Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Contracts Administrator on behalf of Cenovus.
This position is in St. John’s. The duration of this position is full time.
Cenovus respects diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities. Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador specifically and Canada generally, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for training and employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administration of multiple contracts of medium to high complexity, procurement compliance plans and procedures.
- Interface with key internal team members (i.e., Legal, Project Management, Quality, HS&E, Construction, and Project Controls) to ensure that the Cenovus Team and contractors adhere to business processes and goals, as well as compliance plans, contract terms and conditions, management of change, tendering strategies, protocols, and associated commercial administration.
- Within the WWRP Project Team, support the Contracts Manager for the scope area as required in strategy development and contract management; provide commercial advice to scope owners during project execution.
- Interface with project controls on cost, performance, progress assessment, payments, reporting, trends, claims, disputes and change orders.
- Support project SCM to ensure commercial activities are completed in accordance with established terms and conditions, while minimizing risk in accordance with Legal, Risk Management, HSE, QA/QC considerations.
- Support project SCM on governance practices to ensure that payments and changes to contracts and procurement agreements are applied, regularly administered, documented, and proactively communicated by all members in the commercial team.
- Provide assistance and in the development and preparation of the RFX process as required.
- Create and maintain contracts in SAP/Contract Management System.
- Support the development of decision summary documentation and execution.
- Provide support in the creation of project related requisitions; Liaise with the PSC as required.
- Work with Business Unit contract owners to drive performance and compliance of contracts.
- Support the invoice attest process in conjunction with Project Cost Control
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in a Project environment.
- Degree or Technical diploma in Business, finance or accounting.
- Experience with the MS office suite.
- Experience supporting cross functional teams.
- Negotiations and Contractor Evaluations.
- Supplier Performance Management.
- Reporting of SCM Information.
- Forward thinking and change agility.
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively.
- Technical professional skills and a drive for results.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Adaptability and Flexibility – must have an ability to readily adjust behavior to meet the demands of a changing work environment including reacting positively to change and revising methods and priorities.
- Must be able to facilitate the prevention, management and/or resolution of conflicts
- Must have the knowledge of what a claim is, how to analyze entitlement and best practices for preventing claims/disputes while displaying integrity in conflict situations.
- The ability to receive and transmit information clearly and communicate effective to others by considering their point of view in order to respond appropriately.
- Maintain the correspondence and change logs for all major Contractors Ensure that information is updated in all internal software systems including SAP, Ariba and Procon Draft Change Orders, Amendments, Change Directives and Amend Decisions for review by Contract Manager Review Contractor submitted Change Proposals for entitlement Prepare various weekly and monthly reports for head office Travel to Site as required to interface with Contractor and internal Cenovus teams.
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Posted date :
September 22, 2022
Job nature :