HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Conveyor Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in conveying assets, conveyor design and bulk handling engineering.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL for the first 3-6 months, with the possibility to be remote afterwards. This is a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
As a part of the collaborative role, it is expected of the engineer to:
• Provide expert conveyors knowledge to site engineering teams;
• Complete conveyor design reviews utilizing Helix Delta T6 or similar design software;
• Review conveyor belt specification allocation to optimize conveyor performance;
• Engage in belt splice QA/QC activities;
• Use various root cause analysis techniques to determine causes of equipment failures and recommend solutions, inclusive of findings report writing;
• Manage and review general conveyor improvement projects, including review of new conveyor technologies;
• Monitor conveyor improvements, including the identification of key areas of supply improvement;
• Advise on belt insurance stock levels to minimize supply risks;
• Review and consult on customer current conveyor tactics deployment;
• Completion of conveyor risk assessments;
• Have a complete understanding and comply with customer’s core values and safety practices, including identification and design of any key safety improvements; and
• Provide comprehensive reporting back to the Chinese factory and high management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering;
• 5+ years of experience in conveying assets, conveyor design and bulk handling engineering;
• Working knowledge of conveyor modelling software (i.e. Helix Delta – T6, Sidewinder, BeltStat);
• An ability to convert technical knowledge into practical instruction;
• Strong interpersonal skills, including clear and concise oral and written skills in English and Chinese (an asset);
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required);
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary);
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.);
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.