HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Cost Control Lead on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience, at least 5 years’ experience in a cost control environment in heavy industrial or mining industry, and an understanding of mine engineering and production’s scope and activities.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. The duration of this position is until December 2020, with the possibility of an extension, on a Fly in/Fly out rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the timely collection, coordination, compilation and proofing of reporting information;
- Monitor cost engineering/production activities and ensure timely, accurate cost information, and forecasts;
- Responsible for cost and financial control support for projects;
- Ensure adherence to contractual terms and conditions;
- Manage various subcontractor relationships including commercial negotiations, financial planning and ensure adherence to contractual obligations; and
- Coordinate with and advise product teams and functional organizations in relation to contractual matters.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development;
- At least 5 years’ experience in cost control in a project environment or in heavy industrial or mining projects;
- Experience in SAP;
- Ability to interpret cost and skills in presenting complex data in support production KPIs; and
- Basic knowledge and understanding of contracts documents, navigating contracts, and interpreting them.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Computer literacy in cost control management and project scheduling; and
- Proficient in the use of SAP and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.