Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Cost Controller on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience, at least 5 years experience and previous experience within the construction industry.
This is a full-time position based in Argentia, NL.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the timely collection, coordination, compilation and proofing of reporting information;
- Monitor cost/production activities and ensure timely, accurate cost information, and forecasts;
- Responsible for cost and financial control support for projects;
- Ensure adherence to contractual terms and conditions;
- Manage various subcontractor relationships including commercial negotiations, financial planning and ensure adherence to contractual obligations; and
- Coordinate with and advise product teams and functional organizations in relation to contractual matters;
- Oversee account reconciliation and internal and external reporting;
- Assist in the timely collection of accounts receivable;
- Oversight of the accounts payable process;
- Responsible to complete regular tax filings including HST an payroll reports and remittances to the Canada Revenue agency;
- Responsible for statutory reporting for the Canada Revenue Agency, Workplace NL, HAPSET;
- Be a key member of the management group to advise on project profitability;
- Experience using accounting and banking software.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development;
- At least 5 years’ experience in cost control;
- Experience within the construction industry considered a strong asset;
- Proficient in the use of SAP and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to interpret cost and skills in presenting complex data in support production KPIs;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of contracts documents, navigating contracts, and interpreting them.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Computer literacy in cost control management and project scheduling.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.