Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Drill & Blast Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in Drill & Blast operations.
This position is in Northern Canada. This is a permanent position with 3 on/3 off rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, the Drill and Blast Engineer is responsible for supporting and optimizing Drill and Blast operations at the Mary River Mine. As a key link between the technical and operational teams, you will use your technical expertise and influencing skills to ensure everyone works together towards a common goal of safely and efficiently manufacturing high quality iron ore.
- Develop drill and blast procedures.
- Develop drill and blast measurement systems and analytical framework.
- Responsible for management of drill and blast function across shifts.
- Responsible for identification and resolution of issues with site blast contractors.
- Ensure drill and blast designs are carried out in accordance with approved budgets and site standards.
- Optimize blast fragmentation for loading unit performance, crushing thorough put and product quality.
- Provide technical guidance for all blasting activities on site.
- Liaise with and provide direction to operations about drill and blast sequence, blasting timing and blasting requirements.
- Forecasting and coordination of sealift orders for explosives and drilling consumables.
- Monitor equipment performance, report and provide feedback to stakeholders
- Implement and stay up to date on latest industry developments.
- All other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mine Engineering and/or related discipline required.
- From 3 years to 5 years of experience with drill blast design
- 5 to 7 years of Technical and / or operational mining experience (e.g., mine planning, D&B supervisor, etc.)
- Professional Engineer Registration in Canada
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Experience with CAD mining software.
- Experience with Blast tying software.
- Experience with explosive manufacturing.
- Experience in data analysis and process optimization is essential.
- Experience is developing frameworks and procedures from the ground up is essential.
- Ability to work independently in a remote site environment under all weather.
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.