Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Education and Training Coordinator on behalf of one of our clients, Make a Change Canada. The ideal candidate would be a strategic leader with experience in management, operations, finance, information systems architecture and systems development.
Reporting to the CEO, this position is remote and is arranged for 35 hours per week. This is a regular, full-time position.
Make A Change Canada is a Nelson, BC-based national and accredited registered Canadian charity, and Certified Educational Institution under ESDC that provides online career assistance training as well as a certified web development and design skills training program. Now in its 18th year of operation, Make A Change Canada serves individuals facing barriers to employment across Canada in its online and uniquely supportive programs.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create individual files on clients and track progress through the intake process;
- Tabulate applicant demographic characteristics and career goals;
- Interview, process, and issue acceptance letters and student materials to program applicants;
- Assess applicant readiness for online study;
- Actively monitor ongoing student progress and provide supportive follow-up to students as necessary;
- Assist in goal setting and facilitate decision making;
- Work with case manager to support client outcomes in the program;
- Complete student progress reports for external funding agencies.
Educational Development, Services and Programs:
- Actively assess service and program delivery;
- Maintain current knowledge of labour market trends and effectively communicate labour market relevance to all stakeholders;
- Maintain knowledge of educational learning principals, learning styles, and facilitation methods of our target audience;
- Coordinate and deliver online program orientation and other sessions to students;
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs by developing accurate learning assessment tools;
- Foster a successful learning environment for students;
- Provide direct assistance to students to demonstrate the effective use of necessary program tools and applications;
- Oversee and facilitate the work of instructional staff and services.
- Effectively respond to program enquiries, both in writing and verbally;
- Connect with all external stakeholders in effectively marketing the organization’s educational programs;
- Help students successfully explore and identify potential educational funding opportunities in their communities;
- Work with the job developer to establish strong relationships with external stakeholders to facilitate job placements for graduates;
- Contribute to the preparation of grant applications and marketing campaigns;
- Participate in online focus groups and program information sessions.
Curriculum and Resource Development:
- Perform ongoing review and quality assurance of curriculum materials for educational team;
- Maintain existing educational content and create new educational materials;
- Prepare program publications and student materials;
- Update program websites to reflect upcoming and ongoing educational initiatives.
Administrative Reporting and Data Management:
- Maintain client records while adhering to privacy and confidentiality policies;
- Build and maintain database of student funding agencies;
- Administer comprehensive surveys to measure program outcomes and results;
- Complete post-program outreach, interpretation of results, and data reporting;
- Document and report best practices in program delivery;
- Assist with any other initiatives as the team requires.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, psychology, social work; or
- An equivalent level of education supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the career development or educational fields;
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with people with disabilities or people who need modifications is mandatory;
- Must have one (1) or more years’ experience working within the Career Development or Educational field an asset.
Essential Core Competencies:
- Listen attentively;
- Communicate effectively;
- Emotional intelligence and self-discipline;
- Technically savvy;
- Relationship management;
- Diversity management;
- Creative visionary;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving;
- Focus and productivity in a home-based work environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Professional and polite approach in business communications;
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task in approaching daily tasks and activities;
- Exceptional organizational and editing skills with a keen eye for detail and design;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate compassion, empathy, and a non-judgmental approach;
- Ability to maintain tact and diplomacy in communications while adhering to privacy and client confidentiality policies;
- Ability to build, maintain, and strengthen online communities;
- Ability to solve problems independently, while also ensuring that policy is appropriately applied;
- Knowledge and research ability of the Canadian labour market, trends, and outlook;
- Knowledge of online communication tools and practices;
- Awareness of adult learning styles and preferences, and online educational program delivery;
- Technically savvy and a readiness to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and applications;
- Intermediate to advanced computing technology skills in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, data entry and manipulation, desktop sharing, audio/visual presentation, etc.;
- Typing speed of minimum 65 words per minute required;
- Sound electronic file management and project management skills;
- Experience in HTML editing or CMS updating an asset;
- Experience in Adobe Suite of tools an asset;
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
- The successful applicant must be willing to maintain and work from a suitable home office location; Occasional travel is required.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.