HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Electrical Project Manager on behalf of one of our Clients.
The ideal applicant would have experience in Project Management and overseeing projects from initiation to close out. Previous experience in the construction of projects – more specifically in an industrial environment, and experience with low to medium voltage is considered a must.
This position is located in Labrador on a fly in/fly out rotation.
Established in 1984, JSM has earned a solid reputation as a reliable and high-performing electrical and instrumentation contractor completing major projects across Canada and beyond. They offer a multifaceted range of electrical construction services specializing in industrial, commercial, high-voltage, and aeronautical ground installations. Their projects are managed by a focused team of skilled professionals who provide the highest quality service, work, and delivery processes in the industry. Their innovative approach to planning and execution, progressive management techniques, and leveraging of leading-edge technologies position us to deliver measurably superior results on every project.
Essential Job Functions:
As an Electrical Project Manager with the Engineering team, you will manage a portfolio of projects, specifically the oversight of the construction of two powerhouses, while applying best practices to safely lead a team.
Your diverse portfolio will help you to continue to develop your Project Management skills as you plan and deliver projects from initiation to completion all while safely managing resources, project delivery, changes, and risks. You will further hone your already keen communication and stakeholder management skills.
As an Electrical Project Manager, you will:
- Work on the execution of electrical projects, including the construction of powerhouse(s);
- Lead and coach multi-disciplinary teams to safety and efficiently deliver your project portfolio;
- Contribute to communities of practice to support the evolution of consistent good practices;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive a culture of partnership and improvement;
- Actively promote standardized processes, systems, and tools;
- Provide technical support and direction to project stakeholders.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 10 years of proven Project Management experience;
- PMP certification considered an asset;
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree in the Electrical discipline and/or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development;
- Experience in the construction of projects in an industrial environment;
- Very high level of commercial construction;
- Experience managing projects valued at $15M+;
- Experience working on the contractor’s side;
- Low to medium voltage experience;
- Experience in leading a team;
- Demonstrated communication and influencing skills to gain commitment from your team, customers, and key stakeholders to successfully deliver on your goals.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Job Category||Project/Construction Management|