HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Electrical Superintendent, Processing Operations on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Electrical Journeyperson trade, 5-10 years supervisory experience in the mining industry with the ability to meet production goals set by the Client, and 5-10 years’ maintenance experience in an industrial environment providing safe and reliable electrical equipment and services.
This is a full-time permanent position located in Labrador City, NL. Relocation is required for non-local candidates.
Our Client is offering a competitive compensation package.
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment;
- A culture that is exciting and performance-driven;
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees;
- Excellent Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions;
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs;
- Excellent retirement plan;
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays);
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters; and
- Generous Employee Share Program.
Essential Job Functions:
Reporting to the Manager Site General Services and working in a collaborative community within the Team, the Superintendent will:
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership, lead the implementation of HSE systems and ensure policies, procedures and standards are followed and measures taken to correct non-compliance;
- Provide effective leadership to the Processing Operations Electrical team by setting clear expectations, providing feedback, coaching, development and establishing effective team processes;
- Develop and manage departmental budgets and operating plans to minimize cost while achieving goals for production, availability, reliability, costs and capital plans;
- Clearly communicate current and future operating strategies to ensure the team understand their role in the organization and how the decisions they make impact both upstream and downstream processes;
- Drive initiatives to improve and establish a standard of housekeeping that reflects IOC’s values;
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement through effective participation in the capital planning process;
- Participate in the C2 Electrical committee for the generation of electrical standards and systems;
- Demonstrate technical expertise and, in collaboration with the team, identify issues which result in repetitive production interruptions;
- Provide input into the modernization and automation plan and assist in developing long-term goals; and
- Balance maintenance and production requirements and work to achieve them by understanding risks and opportunities weighed against potential value creation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Journeyperson trade, or relevant post- secondary education;
- 5-10 years supervisor experience in mining or a related industry;
- 5-10 years maintenance experience in an industrial environment; and
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to effectively collaborate with others;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.