HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Executive Director on behalf of the United Way of Newfoundland and Labrador. The ideal applicant would have experience in Operations, HR and Financial Management as well as fundraising, leading and coaching teams.
This position is located in St. John’s, NL. This position is full-time, permanent.
From St. John’s, all the way to Nain, the United Way of Newfoundland & Labrador has played a role in reducing poverty, providing opportunities for youth, and servicing initiatives aimed at making our communities vibrant and inclusive. United Way of Newfoundland & Labrador Mission: To improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action.
United Way of Newfoundland & Labrador offers a fair and comprehensive compensation package.
Essential Job Functions:
Operations and Financial Management
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization;
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization;
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization’s activities;
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board as appropriate;
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile;
- Business development and relationship management;
- Operational planning and management;
- Financial Planning and Management;
- Campaign Management which includes directing and participating in the development of campaign strategies, campaign committee and annual goal setting;
- Administers, plans and executes strategies in social media and channels along with website content;
- Directs and facilitates the Community Investment Committee processes with regards to the Community Fund;
- Directs and facilitates Marketing & Communications for the organization in conjunction with the organizations Board of Directors;
- Directs and facilitates Community Relations/Advocacy in conjunction with the organizations Board of Directors;
- Leads strategic conversations about event management and provide guidance and assistance accordingly.
Supervisory, Human Resources Management and Organizational Governance
- Provides leadership, directs and supports regional Staff;
- Supports the Board of Directors and the region with employee requests, labour relations issues and other requests as needed;
- Foster effective team work with the Board and staff within the organization;
- Attains and utilizes in-depth knowledge of organizational HR Policies and Procedures;
- Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the United Way of NL;
- Articulates the United Way philosophy, mission and vision to the public;
- Demonstrates and responds to the needs of others with empathy and care;
- Supports United Way philanthropic endeavours.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree from an accredited college, technical institute or university in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Leadership role with focus in non-profit organizations;
- Demonstrated successful fundraising, human resources, research and event planning management experience;
- Experience using a variety of communication techniques such as audio, video, computer technology to effectively deliver messages when public speaking;
- Experience in group facilitation techniques that fosters understanding and collaboration.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Strong knowledge of leadership, project, financial and HR management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations;
- Superior computer software programs including MS Suite of products;
- Proven initiative and attention to detail;
- Leadership, planning, management, superior time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet project deadlines with a high degree of accuracy;
- Knowledge of all federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations including: employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, taxation, CPP, EI, health coverage;
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at InclusionNL to access supports you require. (kathy@inclusionNL.ca Toll Free: 1-844-517-1376 or Text: 709-697-3323)