Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Expeditor on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a Procurement/Expeditor role for engineering or construction projects.
This position is in St. John’s, NL. This is a full-time (40 hrs/week) position, with a duration of one year.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain up-to-date expediting reports; prepare and issue status reports frequently as required.
- Organize and conduct regular meetings with suppliers for status updates and progression in the deliverables.
- Advise Team on factors that potentially affect the delivery of required goods and services in a timely manner.
- Monitoring all Purchase Orders to ensure contractual delivery dates and major production milestones are met.
- All movement of items to and from the site from PO specified delivery site.
- Coordinate shipment and delivery of materials with the freight forwarder.
- Assist in ensuring vendor production schedules are set and maintained, and expediting production during various phases to meet required delivery dates.
- Work with the package responsible engineer for PO deliveries in order to achieve optimal control of the site requirements.
- Implement corrective actions as necessary/as agreed.
- Organize shipping release notices through Quality and Engineering for all shipment of goods.
- Coordinate with Suppliers and Quality to ensure all is notified of upcoming Notice of Inspections (NOIs) of materials.
- Keep the relevant records in the project system updated at all time and allowing for an effective and correct planned performance.
- Ensure steady progress to completion of a project and the efficient movement of materials, equipment, freight within a system.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree with a focus in Business Administration or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a Procurement/Expeditor role for engineering or construction projects.
- General knowledge of standard procurement methods and established procurement procedures such as expediting, logistics, material control and materials quality surveillance.
- Strong organizational and computer skills are essential.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.